We at San José Made are so excited to announce our first big event of 2021: We Go As Far As We Grow: An Art, Craft & Care Market. In partnership with San Jose Woman's Club, We Go As Far As We Grow will be an exciting two-day event happening on Saturday, Aug. 28 and Sunday, Aug. 29 from 11 AM to 4 PM each day. Free admission. Featuring over 40 incredible creative small businesses.
After a year of many challenges and of very extensive personal and community-wide introspection and action, we thought it would be fitting to have our first large event’s theme be focused on GROWTH–both as individuals and as a community.
In keeping with the theme, we want to create an experience that encourages attendees to reflect on both their past and future growth.
We'll be curating an experience featuring creative small business vendors whose work can help attendees aid this type of reflection, be it work designed for self care, work that makes you think differently or more deeply about the world around you AND/OR work that inspires or energizes or motivates you to grow–however that may be.
On our end, we'll be working on interactive installations, free zines to giveaway at the door, resources and anything else we feel could be beneficial to the overall event experience.
- Date: Saturday, August 28th AND Sunday, August 29th, 2021
- Event Time: 11 AM to 4 PM each day
- Venue: San Jose Woman’s Club
- Address: 75 S. 11th St, San Jose, CA 95112
- Mask Policy: Face masks must be worn at all times–both indoors and outdoors–at the event regardless whether or not you're vaccinated.
- FREE ADMISSION
- Free Zine Giveaway at the door each day. First 250 attendees will receive a free event zine.
- There is no on-site parking available. Street parking is available in the area but we recommend parking in the parking garage located at 437 E San Fernando St, San Jose, CA 95112. Parking should cost $5 for the full day but please check the signs before entering.
Retail Vendor Lineup
- Handcrafted Illustrated Goods Empowering Mindfulness & Healing by acardell
- Jewelry, Pins & Figurines Made Out of Recycled Plastic by Kaonti Creations
- Handmade Soaps to Raise Funds for Social Justice Orgs by Soaps for Change
- Plants and Plant Based Products by Atiso Garden
- Lettering Art, Apparel & Illustratied Goods by Alyssa Wigant Art
- Plant Based Beauty Products by bees little shop
- Stationery & Illustrated Goods by Le Petit Elefant
- Hand-Drawn Maps, Bullet Journals & Art by Traveling Calligrapher
- Handmade Ceramics with a Twist of Humor by Seto Arts
- Authentic Guatemalan & Mexican Wearable Art & Decor by The Guatemalan Boutique
- Candles & Skincare Products Handmade with Sustainable Ingredients by MiGi Cera Candle Co
- Handpulled Screen Prints & Other Nice Things by Slumptown Supply Co.
- Art & Illustrated Goods Engaging the Process of Art Making & Healing Arts by DANESSA
- Plant Based Skincare Featuring Bespoke Blends of Modern Science & Africa’s Most Powerful Unique Ingredients by Urembo Asili
- Macrame Made with Sustainable & Natural Materials by M.A.S. Macramé
- Prints, Cards & Literary Zines by kwento by nica
- Original Art & Paintings by Reed Artistry
- Handmade Wellness & Beauty Products by Serenity Bliss
- Art and Illustrations by Friends That Make Stuff
- Pins, Stickers & More Featuring Cats, Boba and Cute Stuff by Neko-Oi
- Paper Quilling Art and Jewelry by Paper Sweetly
- Gifts & Accessories Featuring Cheerful Animals Characters by Fluffed Animals
- Handmade Jewelry by Beadsnshine
- Handcrafted Ceramics by peaceful clay
- Modern 3D Printed Jewelry by Tiny Right Brain Designs
- Bright Original Home Decor Designs by Indigo Paisley Designs
- Arts & Crafts Featuring Pop Culture & Food Stuff by Made By Cas5
- Dark & Nerdy Illustrated Goods by emoweasel
- Women’s Resort Wear Clothing by CONCEPCION
- Handmade Home Decor by Render Goods
- Skincare Products Responsibly Sourced from Trees by Anato
- Laser Engraved Jewelry & Accessories by Crafted
- Art Prints & Zines by Momo Cha Creative
- Art Prints, Stickers & Handmade Clay Jewelry by Pamela May Art
- Stickers, Charms, Pillows & Pins to Educate People About Care and Conservation of Reptiles & Amphibians by Derptiles
- Handmade Soy Candles by Candles by Cas
- (SATURDAY & SUNDAY) Beeswax Candle Making by dandy roots: Make a 4oz Beeswax Candle yourself with guidance from Ashley, owner and maker behind Dandy Roots. Learn all the ins and outs of how to make a candle, best practices for aromatic essential oil scent blending (make your own custom scent!) and the health benefits of beeswax and essential oil candles. Label your candle and keep it or gift it. The workshop will take approximately 45 min. $30 to make one candle (all ingredients, supplies and tools are provided). Get a DIY instruction take-away, a 20% off coupon for Dandy Roots product. Option of an extra $15 to make a second candle (cannot be used for a second participant).
(SUNDAY ONLY) Macramé Wall Hanging Workshop by BlackSheepMade:
In this workshop, you will create a mid-size (12" x 30") wall hanging that features macramé's core knots - the square knot, half square knot, lark’s head knot, and clove hitches. The following material will be provided to create a retro-but-modern macramé wall hanging: wooden dowel, cotton cord, take-home PDF instruction guide. For beginners, no experience necessary! $50 (see materials above). Multiple time-slots and walk-ins throughout the event: 1st workshop, 11:30a-1p; 2nd workshop, 2-3:30p; however folks can "walk-in" and start at any time and start. Project takes about 60-90 mins.
- (SATURDAY & SUNDAY) DIY Paint a Terra Cotta Pot Workshop by Designing Chica. Artist Susana Sanchez pre-illustrates terra cotta pots, allowing participants to create a unique work of art after that. Pricing ranges from $8 to $20.
- (SUNDAY ONLY) Build Your Own Terrarium Workshop by Fractal Flora. Fractal Flora will be bringing their build-your-own terrarium kits for people to build on-site or take home with them. Kits pricing starts at $14.
- Tarot Card Readings by Raeon Collective
- Hair Braiding by Sharde Hunter
- Tricycle Photobooth by Mobile Memories
Food & Drink
- Road Dogs (SATURDAY ONLY)
- Academic Coffee (SATURDAY & SUNDAY)
Feel free to share the event on your socials!
Apply to Vend
Application: APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
More About Our Event Partner: San Jose Woman's Club
Learn more at the San Jose Woman's Club's website: https://sjwomansclub.org
Raffle for We Go As Far As We Grow
San Jose Woman's Club will be running a raffle throughout the weekend at the entrance of the event. This is a pretty exciting package! Any questions can be asked at the booth near the entrance this Saturday and Sunday.