June 25 and June 26, 2022 at The Tech Interactive
How do we sustain creativity and community in the midst of climate chaos? Hosted and in partnership with The Tech Interactive, San José Made's Reclamation event will pair a locally powered short film showcase with an art & craft market focusing on the human spirit and creative voices in our San José community in the midst of climate chaos.
Happening on June 25 and June 26, 2022, this two-day weekend event will complement The Tech Interactive's new exhibit Solve for Earth. Open on Saturday, June 25 from 10 AM to 5 PM. Open on Sunday, June 26 from 11 AM to 5 PM. This is a ticketed admission event. Tickets for this event will go on sale in late March 2022.
The film showcase will feature local filmmakers' short films, both through partnerships with local creative organizations as well as through open submissions. Reclamation marks the very first time San José based filmmakers will have their work viewed within the IMAX dome–an iconic landmark in our city.
The art & craft market will feature artists and makers who incorporate sustainability in ways that are prominent in their creations, missions and their processes. In addition to selling their work, these makers and artists will be offering thematically relevant workshops, activities and/or demonstrations at their booths.
And on top of all this, attendees will be able to explore and engage all The Tech Interactive exhibits including its latest Solve for Earth exhibit:
The Solve for Earth exhibit at The Tech Interactive creates a space where we can discuss as a community how to live sustainably and reduce the impacts of climate change. Solve for Earth looks at the whole picture: where we live, what we eat, how we move and more. We also hope to inspire positive action at a community level.
Event Dates & Times
- Friday, June 24 - Opening Night (members of The Tech Interactive only)
- Saturday, June 25 - 10 AM to 5 PM
- Sunday, June 26 - 11 AM to 5 PM
This is a ticketed admission event. We will only be selling GA + IMAX tickets before the event so please buy your ticket in advance if you'd like to view the Reclamation Film Showcase in IMAX. The time slot is only for the film showcase viewing. You may enter The Tech Interactive at any time during its hours of operation on the day you've purchased the ticket for. General Admission Only tickets will be made available online once the GA + IMAX tickets sell out. General Admission Only tickets will also be made available at the door the days of the event.
- Buy Ticket for Saturday, June 25 (General Admission anytime + IMAX at 11 AM)
- Buy Ticket for Saturday, June 25 (General Admission anytime + IMAX at 12:30 PM)
- Buy Ticket for Saturday, June 25 (General Admission anytime + IMAX at 2 PM)
- Buy Ticket for Saturday, June 25 (General Admission anytime + IMAX at 3:30 PM)
- Buy Ticket for Sunday, June 26 (General Admission anytime + IMAX at 11 AM)
- Buy Ticket for Sunday, June 26 (General Admission anytime + IMAX at 12:30 PM)
- Buy Ticket for Sunday, June 26 (General Admission anytime + IMAX at 2 PM)
- Buy Ticket for Sunday, June 26 (General Admission anytime + IMAX at 3:30 PM)
- The Tech Interactive, 201 S Market St, San Jose, CA 95113
- In addition to metered street parking as well as public transit accessibility, The Tech also is near several paid parking garages. For more parking info: https://www.thetech.org/parking
- Per the venue's rules, only service animals are allowed inside the venue. Anyone who brings a non-service-animal animal into the venue will be removed from the venue.
Short Film Showcase Info
If you are interested in participating in Reclamation as a short film filmmaker, please fill out and submit the form here before or by May 9, 2022 at 11:59 PM PST.
Participation Stipend. All accepted filmmakers will be eligible for a stipend (ranging anywhere from $100 to $1,000) to support the creation of their film(s). In the application, please specify the stipend amount you would need / prefer in order to create your short film.
In the application below, we will ask you to share your vision in one of the following formats:
- Synopsis & Outline (summary of your short film's ideas and approach along with its general structure)
Please be thorough in walking us through your vision. Our team will use what you submit here to determine whether or not to move forward with your candidacy. Any application that leaves this section blank will NOT be considered. We include a field to link to a Google Doc as well as a field to upload a pdf. Whatever works best for you.
If you have multiple short film ideas, feel free to share them all in one application. In other words, you do not have to submit an application for each short film idea.
Reminder: The maximum length of each short film is ten (10) minutes.
Our team will send out application notification emails before or by May 9, 2022. If your application is accepted, we will provide further details and instructions for participating in the event as a short film filmmaker. If you application is accepted but we are proposing a modified stipend amount, you will be given the option to accept the modified stipend amount or withdraw your application. If your application is not accepted, please note that this does not reflect necessarily on the quality of your work or application. We expect a high volume of applications and we will not be able to accept every application.
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com.
Art & Maker Market Info
UPDATE (4/28): All vendor applications submitted after 4/6/22 have been or will be waitlisted (unless you've received an application acceptance email from us). We are currently at max capacity for vendors. If your application has been waitlisted, we will notify you via email if a spot opens up for you. Otherwise, we will not be able to accommodate you at Reclamation 2022.
For Reclamation, we are looking for makers and artists whose work and whose mission embraces, engages and ultimately celebrates means for people to sustain their creative and human spirit in the midst of climate chaos. This could include but is not limited to:
- Makers and artists whose processes utilize sustainable practices
- Makers and artists whose work calls out or engages climate chaos and its effects on the community, makers and artists etc.
- Makers and artists whose work helps people in the community live more sustainable lives
There is no fee to vend at Reclamation. Additionally, vendors will be free to sell their work at the event as they normally do at events and per usual, retain 100% of their sales for themselves. Each booth will be 10'x10' in size. We only have space for 20 to 25 vendors.
Participation Stipulation & Stipend. All accepted vendors must include an interactive component at their booth, be it a workshop, activity or demonstration. Accepted vendors will receive a stipend ranging from $50 to $200 to support the planned interactive component.
Application Deadline: April 6, 2022 at 11:59 PM PST.
We will be notifying all applicants on April 6, 2022 of their admission status. At this time, if accepted, applicants will receive further information on being part of the event as well as information about their stipend.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATE (3/15): If you were having trouble submitting your application over the past week, we have resolved the issue. The application works now. Apologies for any inconvenience!