Apply to Vend at Foster City Summer Days 2023 (WAITLIST)
As of May 25, 2023, we are only taking applicants for the Vendor Waitlist. Please read the following BEFORE applying:
- You will be required to pay your booth fee and fill out the vendor application here in order to join the waitlist.
- If your application to join the waitlist is approved, we will send you an email with further instructions.
- If your application to join the waitlist is NOT approved, we will send you an email and refund your booth fee.
- You may withdraw from the waitlist at any time prior to the event itself to receive a full refund.
- If no spaces become available between now and the event itself, you will receive a full refund on your booth fee.
Over 40K attendees are expected for this year's Foster City Summer Days 2023 happening on Saturday, Aug. 19 and Sunday, Aug. 20. Located outdoors at the beautiful Leo J. Ryan Park at 650 Shell Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404. Featuring:
- Over 100 makers and artists
- Over 20 food trucks and food vendors
- Carnival rides & games
- Live music performances
- Rubber ducky races
- Beer, wine and cocktails
- Beautiful outdoor park right on the water
- And more!
Why is SJMADE doing something all the way in Foster City?
In 2019, we were part of the event through our sister company Moveable, curating and placing food trucks at the event on both Saturday and Sunday. We saw first-hand how big and how significant of a community event this is for the Foster City / San Mateo County area so we're truly excited to be able to curate and create the artist & maker market for this year's Foster City Summer Days event. While SF Etsy–the curator of the artist & maker market in 2019–has taken a sabbatical from events indefinitely, we'll still be working with them to ensure that we can build on the success of the 2019 market experience!
We don't normally do things so far away from San José but we wanted to help out our friends at SF Etsy and, as we mentioned above, we really believe this could be a significant selling experience for artists & makers in one of the more scenic public parks in the Bay Area. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to help build this viable growth opportunity for our creative small business community!
- Event Title: Foster City Summer Days 2023
- Dates & Times: Saturday, August 19 (11 am to 6 pm) and Sunday, August 20 (11 am to 5 pm)
- Location: Leo J. Ryan Park, 650 Shell Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404 (the event takes place both within the park, the park's parking lots and the road closure on Shell Boulevard between Hillside and South Road)
- Details: Outdoor event. Free admission. Dog friendly. All ages.
- Official Event Website: https://www.fcsummerdays.com
- Parking: Event Parking is available for $10 at Parkside Towers (1031 E. Hillsdale Blvd) and at City Hall (610 Foster City Blvd) from 8 AM to 8 PM on Saturday and 8 AM to 5 PM on Sunday. Shell Blvd closes Thursday, August 17 at 9 am through 5 AM on Monday, August 21.
- All participants will receive a 10'x10' booth space. Vendors are responsible for bringing their own canopies, canopy weights, tables and chairs. No rentals are available.
- There is no access to electricity for vendors. There is no wifi available to vendors. We recommend vendors prepare to use mobile data and/or hotspots during the event (using mobile data worked perfectly fine for vendors in 2022).
- Each vendor will receive one (1) vendor parking pass for the vendor parking lot located directly across the street from the vendor market area.
- Non-food/drink Vendors Participation Fee: $55 base fee + 10% of your sales during the event. These will be collected at the conclusion of the event in the form of cash, check (made out to "San Jose Made") or PayPal (sent to "email@example.com").
- Food/Drink Vendors will need to fill out a San Mateo County RC1 TFF Application and pay an additional $123 fee (included here in the booth fees) on top of the $55 base fee + 10% of your sales during the event. RC1 means no food prep on-site. We will not be accepting any RC2 vendors (food prep on-site). If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before applying.
- Vendors will be able to load-in and setup starting at 8 AM on Saturday, Aug. 19. Vendors can cart or carry their stuff from their parked vehicle OR they can bring their vehicle inside the premises between 8 AM and 10 AM. Starting at 10 AM, no vehicles will be allowed to enter the premises.
- Vendors will be able to close starting at 6 PM on Saturday.
- Security will be on-site to watch over vendors canopies and tables.
- Vendors will be able to store their items overnight between Saturday and Sunday in a lockable room within the City of Foster City's Recreation Center.
- Vendors will be able to access this storage room on Saturday morning starting at 8 AM and Sunday morning starting at 9 AM.
- Vendors will be able to close starting at 5 PM on Sunday. Vendors can either cart or carry their stuff to their parked vehicle starting at 5 PM or they can bring in their vehicles starting at 5:30 PM.
Vendor Application Process
- Fill out the form of this vendor application page.
- Select Booth Type.
- Click "Checkout" or click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner.
- Make sure the event date(s) in your shopping cart match the event dates you'd like to apply to.
- To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process (i.e. paying for your booth). Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
- Our team will send you an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated time (scroll down to the "Notification" section).
FAQ: "I successfully submitted my application and paid the fees. Does this mean I'm automatically confirmed to vend for the event date(s)."
- No. Submitting your application on our website and paying the fees associated with the application simply means that you've successfully applied to the event.
- Once we receive your application (and fees), our team will review your application. You will receive an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated amount of time on the vendor application page. If your application is accepted, you're all set. If your application is rejected, we will fully refund your fees. If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option of staying on the waitlist OR withdrawing your application and receiving a full refund of your fees.
- What do we review? For every applicant, we will review your website (if any), Instagram (if any) and any additional content you shared with us about your work (photos, descriptions). Additionally, if you've done events with us before, we will take into consideration our past experiences with having you vend at our event(s). Please note that if you do NOT include a website our Instagram in your application, you should email us at email@example.com with photos of your work and a description of your work and your business. Without this content, we will be unable to review your application
- Why do we jury applications? Our goal in jurying applications is to ensure that the vendors who participate in our events are good fits for the event and, therefore, are positioned for success in both sales and customer engagement. If your application is not accepted, this does not mean we don't like your work. It also does not mean that future applications from you will not be accepted. We have had many, many, many vendor applicants whose application was rejected for one event, go on to do many events with us beyond that. Additionally, we jury applications so that we can achieve a healthy balance to the diversity of product types offered at an event (i.e. not having too much of a product type represented at the event).
- Any applicants who apply between now and May 1, 2023 will be notified about their application status on May. 5, 2023.
- After Mar. 5, 2023, admission notifications will be sent on a rolling basis within six (6) business days of us receiving the vendor application.
- If your application is accepted, you're all set. You'll receive further instructions and information about vending.
- If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option to remain on the waitlist OR withdraw from the waitlist and receive a full refund of your fee. Your waitlisted notification will contain additional information to help guide you through the waitlist process.
- If your application is rejected, you will receive a full refund of your fee.
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the subject line is "Foster City Summer Days 2023 - Vendor Inquiry".
- If you notify us at least forty-five (45) days from the event date, you will be eligible for a full refund on your fee.
- If you notify us within forty-five (45) days, you will NOT be eligible for any refund on your fee.
If your application to vend is NOT accepted, we will process a full refund of your fee upon sending you the notification email.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.
VENDOR CODE OF CONDUCT
- View the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct
- By applying to and being accepted to our events, each vendor is agreeing to adhere to the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct.
- We are asking everyone to read this document before participating in any SJMADE events this year and to try their best to adhere to the following vendor code of conduct. Failure to do so may negatively affect the jurying of a vendor's future applications to our events. Egregious flouting of the vendor code of conduct may result in a vendor's removal from the event in question.
- We will exhaust every opportunity to avoid these situations (because we love having yall at our events!) however as our events have grown, it's become clear that we need to define our expectations for the participating vendors at our events and how they exist within an event's community of vendors. If you believe you'll be unable to adhere to this code of conduct, please let us know and we can discuss.