Apply to Vend at Foster City Summer Days 2022
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED. THE EVENT IS CURRENTLY AT FULL CAPACITY. IF YOU HAVE INTEREST IN SIGNING UP FOR THE WAITLIST, PLEASE EMAIL INFO@SANJOSEMADE.COM. USE THE SUBJECT LINE "FOSTER CITY SUMMER DAYS 2022 - WAITLIST". PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFO IN YOUR WAITLIST EMAIL:
- Business Name
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your Phone Number
- Your Website / Online Shop
- Your Instagram (if you have one)
- Your Seller's Permit Number (if you have one)
- Where is your business based?
Over 40K attendees are expected for this year's Foster City Summer Days 2022 happening on Saturday, Aug. 20 and Sunday, Aug. 21. Located outdoors at the beautiful Leo J. Ryan Park at 650 Shell Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404. Featuring:
- Over 100 makers and artists
- Over 20 food trucks and food vendors
- Carnival rides & games
- Live music performances
- Rubber ducky races
- Beer, wine and cocktails
- Beautiful outdoor park right on the water
- And more!
Why is SJMADE doing something all the way in Foster City?
In 2019, we were part of the event through our sister company Moveable, curating and placing food trucks at the event on both Saturday and Sunday. We saw first-hand how big and how significant of a community event this is for the Foster City / San Mateo County area so we're truly excited to be able to curate and create the artist & maker market for this year's Foster City Summer Days event. While SF Etsy–the curator of the artist & maker market in 2019–has taken a sabbatical from events in 2022, we'll still be working with them to ensure that we can build on the success of the 2019 market experience!
We don't normally do things so far away from San José but we wanted to help out our friends at SF Etsy and, as we mentioned above, we really believe this could be a significant selling experience for artists & makers in one of the more scenic public parks in the Bay Area. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to help build this viable growth opportunity for our creative small business community!
- Event Title: Foster City Summer Days 2022
- Dates & Times: August 20 (11 am to 6 pm) and August 21 (11 am to 5 pm)
- Location: Leo J. Ryan Park, 650 Shell Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404 (the event takes place both within the park, the park's parking lots and the road closure on Shell Boulevard between Hillside and South Road)
- Details: Outdoor event. Free admission.
- Official Event Website: https://www.fcsummerdays.com
- Parking: Event Parking is available for $10 at Parkside Towers (1031 E. Hillsdale Blvd) and at City Hall (610 Foster City Blvd) from 8 AM to 8 PM on Saturday and 8 AM to 5 PM on Sunday. Shell Blvd closes Thursday, August 18 at 9 am through 5 AM on Monday, August 22.
- Food/Drink Vendors will need to fill out a San Mateo County RC1 TFF application and pay the $123 fee. RC1 means no food prep on-site. We will not be accepting any RC2 vendors (food prep on-site). If you have any questions, please email email@example.com before applying.
- All participants will receive a 10'x10' booth space.
- Participation Fee: $45 base fee + 10% of your sales during the event. These will be collected at the conclusion of the event in the form of cash, check (made out to "San Jose Made") or PayPal (sent to "firstname.lastname@example.org").
- Vendors will be able to load-in starting at 8 AM on Saturday, Aug. 20. Vendors can cart or carry their stuff from their parked vehicle OR they can bring their vehicle inside the premises between 8 AM and 10 AM. Starting at 10 AM, no vehicles will be allowed to enter the premises.
- Vendors will be able to close starting at 6 PM on Saturday.
- Security will be on-site to watch over vendors canopies and tables.
- Vendors will have access to an on-site storage room (within the Parks & Recreation building) to store their products over night between Saturday and Sunday. Vendors will be able to access this storage room on Sunday morning starting at 9 AM.
- Vendors will be able to close starting at 5 PM on Sunday. Vendors can either cart or carry their stuff to their parked vehicle starting at 5 PM or they can bring in their vehicles starting at 5:30 PM.
- If you notify us at least forty-five (45) days from the event date, you will be eligible for a full refund on your fee.
- If you notify us within forty-five (45) days, you will NOT be eligible for any refund on your fee.
If your application to vend is NOT accepted, we will process a full refund of your fee upon sending you the notification email.
SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.