Apply to Vend - Sticker Fest 2023
Please read through the instructions below before applying to this year's Sticker Fest 2023.
San José Made will be doing its first ever Sticker Fest 2023 event this June 24-25. Consider it a large-scale celebration of all things stickers with each one of the 175+ vendors selling their own unique, super wonderful stickers (though they'll also be selling more than just stickers). We've got some great ideas for activations, activities and workshops that we can't wait to share with you.
This event is free admission to attend. Free on-site parking. This venue is indoors.
Event Dates & Times
- Saturday, Jun. 24, 2023: 11 am to 5 pm
- Sunday Jun. 25, 2023: 11 am to 5 pm
Location & Parking
- The event location is the former Walmart at Westgate Center. Westgate Center is located at 1600 Saratoga Ave, San José, CA 95129.
- We recommend that all attendees park in the section of the center's parking lot near the 49ers Fit located at 1600 Saratoga Ave Suite 46, San Jose, CA 95129. The event venue is located in the building between 49ers Fit and Tuxedo Warehouse.
- Parking in the Westgate Center parking lot is free.
About the Venue: Westgate Center
Westgate Center features shopping, dining and services for the whole family. Conveniently located in West San Jose, California between the 85 and 280 freeways. Westgate Center features a multitude of shops, services and restaurants including Nike Factory Store, Target, Nordstrom Rack, Gap Factory Store, 49er Fit, Buffalo Wild Wings, Gen Korean BBQ House and more.
Learn more about Westgate Center: https://shopwestgatecenter.com
- The venue, Westgate Center, has a service animal only policy in place.
- All attendees, staff and vendors are strongly recommended to wear face masks (properly) at all times during the event except when eating and drinking.
I can only sell stickers at this event?
No! We fully expected all accepted vendors to sell what they normally sell if they get into Sticker Fest. However, we do require that each vendor sells at least four (4) different stickers at their booth. When reviewing each vendor application, we will focus on the applicant's stickers offered on their online shop and/or any stickers of theirs featured on their social media.
If you are an applicant who does NOT have stickers on their online shop or social media, please share more info about your intended stickers in the application's comments section. If you have photos of them, feel free to email them to us after you apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "[YOUR BUSINESS NAME] - Sticker Fest 2023".
Instructions on How to Apply to Vend - PLEASE READ
To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process. Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
- Fill out the form of this vendor application page.
- Select an option from Booth Type.
- Click "Checkout" or click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner.
- To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process (i.e. paying for your booth). Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
- Our team will send you an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated time (scroll down to the "Notification" section).
FAQ: "I successfully submitted my application and paid the fees. Does this mean I'm automatically confirmed to vend for the event date(s)."
- No. Submitting your application on our website and paying the fees associated with the application simply means that you've successfully applied to the event.
- Once we receive your application (and fees), our team will review your application. You will receive an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated amount of time on the vendor application page. If your application is accepted, you're all set. If your application is rejected, we will fully refund your fees. If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option of staying on the waitlist OR withdrawing your application and receiving a full refund of your fees.
- What do we review? For every applicant, we will review your website (if any), Instagram (if any) and any additional content you shared with us about your work (photos, descriptions). Additionally, if you've done events with us before, we will take into consideration our past experiences with having you vend at our event(s). Please note that if you do NOT include a website our Instagram in your application, you should email us at email@example.com with photos of your work and a description of your work and your business. Without this content, we will be unable to review your application
- Why do we jury applications? Our goal in jurying applications is to ensure that the vendors who participate in our events are good fits for the event and, therefore, are positioned for success in both sales and customer engagement. If your application is not accepted, this does not mean we don't like your work. It also does not mean that future applications from you will not be accepted. We have had many, many, many vendor applicants whose application was rejected for one event, go on to do many events with us beyond that. Additionally, we jury applications so that we can achieve a healthy balance to the diversity of product types offered at an event (i.e. not having too much of a product type represented at the event).
ATTENTION: If for some reason you're charged sales tax on your fee, we will be refunding to you the sales tax paid. We were experiencing a technical issue with this when the applications first opened. Sales tax is not applicable for booth fees.
- Any applicants who apply between now and Mar. 30 will be notified about their application status on Apr. 9.
- After Apr. 9 2023, admission notifications will be sent on a rolling basis within six (6) business days of us receiving the vendor application.
- If your application is accepted, you're all set. You'll receive further instructions and information about vending.
- If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option to remain on the waitlist OR withdraw from the waitlist and receive a full refund of your fee. Your waitlisted notification will contain additional information to help guide you through the waitlist process.
- If your application is rejected, you will receive a full refund of your fee.
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the subject line is "Sticker Fest 2023 - Vendor Inquiry: [INSERT YOUR BUSINESS NAME]".
- Full Booth - Corner Location (8'x8') (+$300). If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will receive a full 8'x8' booth and you will be placed in a corner booth location.
- Full Booth - Located Anywhere (8'x8') (+$225). If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will receive a full 8'x8' booth however you will not be guaranteed a corner location.
- We will NOT accept a single application for more than one vendor. Each vendor who wants to vend at the event must submit their own individual application. Any vendors who have NOT been officially accepted to vend at the Holiday Fair will not be allowed to vend at the event. Booths are non-transferable. If you decide to withdraw from the event, you will not be able to sell or transfer your booth to another vendor.
- We will NOT accept vendor applications for cooked or prepared food vendors. Basically, the only food vendor applications we'll consider are those from baked goods vendors and packaged food vendors. If you are a drink vendor, please email us at email@example.com before applying. In the email, please include your business name, name, email, phone, website, social media and city in which you're based.
Additional Vendor Details
- Vendors will need to bring their own table(s) and chair(s).
- There is free on-site parking for vendors and attendees.
- The use of canopies and canopy frames will NOT be permitted. This is an indoor event so shade structures are not necessary.
- There will be no access to electricity for vendors at the event.
- There will be no wifi provided at the event. We recommend vendors use their mobile data or a wifi hotspot to take transactions.
- The venue is very brightly lit so additional lighting should not be required.
- You will be able to leave your booth setup overnight. As always, we recommend taking home personal valuables and electronics.
- To withdraw your participation from Sticker Fest 2023, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your business name, full name and, if possible, order number.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime before Apr. 21, 2023, you will receive a full refund on your booth fee.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime between Apr. 21, 2023 and May 15, 2023, you will receive a 50% refund on your booth fee.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime after May 15 2023, you will not be eligible any refund on your booth fee or any booth fee credits.
- If your application to vend is NOT accepted, we will process a full refund of your booth fee (and electricity if you purchased it) upon sending you the notification email.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.
Vendor Code of Conduct
- View the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct
- By applying to and being accepted to our events, each vendor is agreeing to adhere to the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct.
- We are asking everyone to read this document before participating in any SJMADE events this year and to try their best to adhere to the following vendor code of conduct. Failure to do so may negatively affect the jurying of a vendor's future applications to our events. Egregious flouting of the vendor code of conduct may result in a vendor's removal from the event in question.
- We will exhaust every opportunity to avoid these situations (because we love having yall at our events!) however as our events have grown, it's become clear that we need to define our expectations for the participating vendors at our events and how they exist within an event's community of vendors. If you believe you'll be unable to adhere to this code of conduct, please let us know and we can discuss.