Apply to Vend - SJMADE Fest 2023
We're super excited to be doing our first ever SJMADE Fest on May 20-21, 2023. Think of it as a springtime outdoors version of our SJMADE Holiday Fair. Featuring over 300 of your favorite creative small businesses. However, our special spin for this specific event is that it will feature six themed areas all within the event:
- Kitty Carnival: Featuring cat themed carnival games designed by SJMADE in collaboration with some of our favorite artists, a kitten lounge by Mini Cat Town, and cat themed vendors!
- Noodle Fest: Featuring food trucks and food stalls offering a diversity of interesting and, most importantly, tasty noodle dishes! Expect lots of your favorite noodles dishes plus some new unique ones too!
- K-Pop Plaza: Featuring live K-Pop dance performances, K-Pop themed vendors, K-Pop themed photo opportunities and more!
- Maker Marketplace: Featuring some of your favorite makers selling their work, live making demonstrations and DIY maker workshops!
- Artist Avenue: Featuring some of your favorite independent artists selling their work.
- Sweets Street: Featuring food trucks and food stalls offering delicious sweets, ranging from boba to pies to cupcakes to cookies to ice cream!
- Event Name: SJMADE Fest
- Dates: May 20-21, 2023
- Times: 11 AM to 6 PM each day
- Location: History Park San José
- Address: 635 Phelan Ave. San Jose, CA 95112
Parking: There is a parking lot passed past the entrance on Phelan Ave as well as street parking available in the surrounding neighborhood. More parking details to come as the event nears.
- Admission: Free admission for attendees. All ages welcome.
- Pet Policy: Service animals only (applies for both attendees and vendors)
- Door Giveaway: There will be door giveaways for the first 1,000 attendees each day. More details will be announced closer to the event.
Instructions on How to Apply to Vend - PLEASE READ
Your Business Info
- Fill out the fields of the form with your business info.
- If you do NOT have a website / online shop / social media, you will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of what you will be selling as well as photos of what you will be selling (BONUS if you have a photo of a past booth setup). We will not consider vendor applications without a website OR without photos of your work.
- If you do NOT have a valid seller's permit or temporary seller's permit yet, you may still apply to vend at SJMADE Fest 2023. Please leave the seller's permit field blank. However, you will be required to have one prior to the event and will need to email us at email@example.com your valid seller's permit number at least five (5) business days before the event.
- Submit your application. To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process. Make sure to select PICK-UP so you don't have to pay our shipping fee. This is a digital vendor application so everything will be sent to you and handled via email.
- Jurying Period. Once you successfully submit your vendor application, our team will review your application. Please keep in mind, we jury applications based on the materials with which you provide us (website, online shop, social media, etc.) as well as, if available, your booth / pop-up experience at our previous events. If this is your first time applying for a SJMADE event and you don't yet have a website for your business, no worries! We encourage you to simply share about your business in the comments section of the application so we can learn a little more about you and your work. Additionally, we jury applications based on creating balance with the product types offered at each event, e.g. we want to avoid situations where we have, like, fifty makers of the same product type at the event.
- Notification. Admission notification emails (acceptance / rejection / waitlisting) will be sent out within fifteen (15) business days of your application submission. If your application is accepted, you will receive instructions and information to help you prepare for the event. If your application is waitlisted, you will receive an email notification from our team with instructions on what happens next (i.e. you'll have the option to remain on the waitlist or to withdraw and receive a full refund). If your application is not accepted, you will receive an email notification from our team as well as email notification that your booth fee refund has been processed.
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the subject line is "SJMADE Fest 2023 - Vendor Inquiry: [INSERT YOUR BUSINESS NAME]".
Additional Vendor Info
- Vendors are responsible for bringing their own canopy / umbrella, weights (to hold down your shade structure), table(s) and chair(s).
- Vendors will have the option of loading in on Friday (May 19) or Saturday (May 20). We highly recommend loading in on Friday if it's possible.
- You will be able to bring your vehicle into the venue for load-in and load-out.
- There is no vendor parking lot available at the event. Vendors will have to use the paid parking lot near the venue.
- There will be no access to electricity for vendors at the event.
- There will be no wifi provided at the event. We recommend vendors use their mobile data or a wifi hotspot to take transactions.
- You will be able to leave your booth setup overnight. As always, we recommend taking home personal valuables and electronics. There will be on-site security overnight between Friday and Saturday AND between Saturday and Sunday.
- We will NOT accept a single application for more than one vendor. Each vendor who wants to vend at the event must submit their own individual application. Any vendors who have NOT been officially accepted to vend at SJMADE Fest will not be allowed to vend at the event. Booths are non-transferable. If you decide to withdraw from the event, you will not be able to sell or transfer your booth to another vendor.
Selling Space Type - Non-Food/Drink Vendor
- Non-Food/Drink Vendor - Full Booth - Corner Location (10'x10') ($325). You can arrange this space within the parameters of the 10'x10' space however you'd like. This option GUARANTEES you a corner location.
- Non-Food/Drink Vendor - Full Booth (10'x10') ($250). You can arrange this space within the parameters of the 10'x10' space however you'd like.
- Non-Food/Drink Vendor - Shared Booth (5'x10') ($150). If you do not need a full 10'x10' booth space, the Shared Booth option is the next option. If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will share a 10'x10' booth space with another vendor. You may specify another vendor with whom you would like to share a booth however that vendor must also apply for a Shared Booth and specify you as their preferred boothmate and be accepted. If you do NOT specify a preferred boothmate, we will pair you with another Shared Booth applicant who has also not specified a preferred boothmate. If you have any questions about this, please email us at email@example.com. We will be requiring all Shared Booths to follow the configuration in this diagram unless there is explicit consent from both vendors. If you do NOT want to share a booth with another vendor, we recommend you apply for a Full Booth.
Selling Space Type - Food/Drink Vendor (Non-Cooking/On-Site Prep)
- Food/Drink Vendor (Non-Cooking/On-Site Prep) - Full Booth - Corner Location (10'x10') ($424). You can arrange this space within the parameters of the 10'x10' space however you'd like. This option GUARANTEES you a corner location.
- Food/Drink Vendor (Non-Cooking/On-Site Prep) - Full Booth (10'x10') ($349). You can arrange this space within the parameters of the 10'x10' space however you'd like.
- Food/Drink Vendor (Non-Cooking/On-Site Prep) - Shared Booth (5'x10') ($249). If you do not need a full 10'x10' booth space, the Shared Booth option is the next option. If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will share a 10'x10' booth space with another vendor. You may specify another vendor with whom you would like to share a booth however that vendor must also apply for a Shared Booth and specify you as their preferred boothmate and be accepted. If you do NOT specify a preferred boothmate, we will pair you with another Shared Booth applicant who has also not specified a preferred boothmate. If you have any questions about this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be requiring all Shared Booths to follow the configuration in this diagram unless there is explicit consent from both vendors. If you do NOT want to share a booth with another vendor, we recommend you apply for a Full Booth.
If you are applying as a food/drink vendor (non-cooking/on-site prep)...
- You will need to fill out hand-sign a Santa Clara County TFF Application. This application must be emailed to email@example.com before or by March 20, 2023. If you do not email us this application by this deadline, you will not be allowed to participate in the event.
- Your TFF application will be reviewed by Santa Clara County Health. If Santa Clara County Health approves your TFF application, your participation as a food/drink vendor will be confirmed. If Santa Clara County Health does NOT approve your TFF application, you will not be allowed to participate in the event.
- If you have never gone through this TFF process for an event in Santa Clara County, we recommend you visit and read this page which contains all the relevant info for food/drink vendors selling at events in Santa Clara County: https://cpd.sccgov.org/programs-and-services/temporary-events
Selling Space Type - Food/Drink Vendor (Requires Cooking/On-Site Prep)
If you are a food/drink vendor who requires on-site cooking or on-site preparation OR if you're a food truck, DO NOT apply on this page. You will need to submit a form which can be found (along with additional relevant info for you) here: https://www.sanjosemade.com/pages/sjmade-fest-2023-food-vendors
- To withdraw your participation from SJMADE Fest 2023, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your business name, full name and, if possible, order number.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime before February 28, 2023, you will receive a full refund on your booth fee.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime between February 28, 2023 and April 15, 2023, you will receive a 50% refund on your booth fee.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime after April 15, 2023, you will not be eligible any refund on your booth fee.
- If your application to vend is NOT accepted, we will process a full refund of your fee upon sending you the notification email.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.