Apply to Friday Street Shops by SJMADE 2023
Please read through the instructions below before applying to this year's Friday Street Shops by SJMADE.
For a select few Friday nights this fall, San José Made will bring creative retail vendors to the sidewalk just outside its MOMENT retail storefronts in downtown San José's San Pedro Square neighborhood.
- Dates: Sept. 29 + Oct. 6 + Oct. 13 + Oct. 20 + Oct. 27
- Times: 5 PM to 9 PM
- Venue: MOMENT
- Address: 60 N. San Pedro Street, San José, CA 95113 (event is located outdoors)
- Pet Policy: This venue is dog friendly.
- Attendance: Free admission.
- Parking: Free parking for the first 90 minutes (except for during San Jose Sharks games and SAP Center events). Enter the on-site parking garage at 45 N. Market Street, San José, CA 95113.
Vendor Space Pricing & Details
There are two (2) vendor space options:
- 10'x10' vendor space ($45): These spaces are located on the street. These spaces are big enough for a 10'x10' canopy.
- 8'x5' vendor spaces ($25): These spaces are located on the wooden parklet just outside of the MOMENT storefronts. NOTE: The width of the space is 8 feet. These spaces are NOT big enough for a 10'x10' canopy. If you vend from these spaces, you'll need to use an outdoor umbrella or smaller shade structure (e.g. 5'x'5 or 6'x4' tent).
Instructions on How to Apply to Vend - PLEASE READ
Due to demand, we are limiting vendors to one (1) appearance at the Friday Street Shops this season. Even if you apply for more than one (1) date, we will only place you at a maximum of one (1) Friday Street Shop event and refund the remaining booth fees paid.
To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process. Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
- Fill out the form on this vendor application page.
- Click "Checkout" or click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner.
- To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process (i.e. paying for your booth). Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
- Our team will send you an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated time (scroll down to the "Notification" section).
FAQ: "I successfully submitted my application and paid the fees. Does this mean I'm automatically confirmed to vend for the event date(s)."
- No. Submitting your application on our website and paying the fees associated with the application simply means that you've successfully applied to the event.
- Once we receive your application (and fees), our team will review your application. You will receive an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated amount of time on the vendor application page. If your application is accepted, you're all set. If your application is rejected, we will fully refund your fees. If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option of staying on the waitlist OR withdrawing your application and receiving a full refund of your fees.
- What do we review? For every applicant, we will review your website (if any), Instagram (if any) and any additional content you shared with us about your work (photos, descriptions). Additionally, if you've done events with us before, we will take into consideration our past experiences with having you vend at our event(s). Please note that if you do NOT include a website our Instagram in your application, you should email us at email@example.com with photos of your work and a description of your work and your business. Without this content, we will be unable to review your application
- Why do we jury applications? Our goal in jurying applications is to ensure that the vendors who participate in our events are good fits for the event and, therefore, are positioned for success in both sales and customer engagement. If your application is not accepted, this does not mean we don't like your work. It also does not mean that future applications from you will not be accepted. We have had many, many, many vendor applicants whose application was rejected for one event, go on to do many events with us beyond that. Additionally, we jury applications so that we can achieve a healthy balance to the diversity of product types offered at an event (i.e. not having too much of a product type represented at the event).
- We will NOT accept a single application for more than one vendor. Each vendor who wants to vend at the event must submit their own individual application. Any vendors who have NOT been officially accepted to vend at the Friday Sidewalk Shops for a particular date will not be allowed to vend. Booths are non-transferable. If you decide to withdraw from the event, you will not be able to sell or transfer your booth to another vendor.
- We will NOT accept vendor applications for food/drink vendors.
Due to demand, we are limiting vendors to one (1) appearance at the Friday Street Shops this season). Even if you apply for more than one (1) date, we will only place you at maximum of one (1) Friday Street Shop event.
- Admission notifications will be sent on a rolling basis within six (6) business days of us receiving the vendor application.
- If your application is accepted, you're all set. You'll receive further instructions and information about vending.
- If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option to remain on the waitlist OR withdraw from the waitlist and receive a full refund of your fee. Your waitlisted notification will contain additional information to help guide you through the waitlist process.
- If your application is rejected, you will receive a full refund of your fee.
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the subject line is "Friday Street Shops 2023 - Vendor Inquiry: [INSERT YOUR BUSINESS NAME]".
Additional Vendor Details
- Vendors will need to bring their own table(s), chair(s), canopy / outdoor umbrella and canopy / outdoor umbrella weights.
- Vendors should park in the parking garage (which can be entered at 45 N. Market Street, San José, CA 95113.
- There will be no access to electricity for vendors at the event.
- There is city provided wifi available in downtown San José (no password required).
- To withdraw your participation from your Friday Street Shops event date, please email email@example.com and include your business name, full name and, if possible, order number.
- If you withdraw for your Friday Street Shop event date at least ten (10) business days prior to the event date, you will be eligible for a full refund.
- If you withdraw for your Friday Street Shop event date within ten (10) business days prior to the event date, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If your application to vend is NOT accepted, we will process a full refund of your fee upon sending you the notification email.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.
Vendor Code of Conduct
- View the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct
- By applying to and being accepted to our events, each vendor is agreeing to adhere to the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct.
- We are asking everyone to read this document before participating in any SJMADE events this year and to try their best to adhere to the following vendor code of conduct. Failure to do so may negatively affect the jurying of a vendor's future applications to our events. Egregious flouting of the vendor code of conduct may result in a vendor's removal from the event in question.
- We will exhaust every opportunity to avoid these situations (because we love having yall at our events!) however as our events have grown, it's become clear that we need to define our expectations for the participating vendors at our events and how they exist within an event's community of vendors. If you believe you'll be unable to adhere to this code of conduct, please let us know and we can discuss.