Apply to Vend: Sidewalk Shops by SJMADE - Season 1
We are currently sold out of all spaces for the April 2 thru June 25 season. We will be releasing applications for the July thru October season over the next few weeks.
Every Saturday starting on April 2, San José Made will bring six (6) creative retail vendors to the sidewalk just outside its MOMENT retail storefronts in downtown San José's San Pedro Square neighborhood.
- Dates: Every Saturday from April 2 through June 25, 2022
- Times: 12 PM to 5 PM
- Venue: MOMENT
- Address: 60 N. San Pedro Street, San José, CA 95113
- Mask Policy: Face masks must be worn by all vendors and all attendees while at the event regardless of vaccination status.
- Parking: Free parking for the first 90 minutes (except for during San Jose Sharks games and SAP Center events). Enter the on-site parking garage at 45 N. Market Street, San José, CA 95113.
We will be accepting applications on a rolling admissions basis. We will notify the applicant within five (5) business days of applying. All applications are juried by our application review team. Submitting your application does not mean your application will be accepted. If your application is NOT accepted, we will fully refund your fee.
Due to demand, we are limiting vendors to one (1) appearance at the Sidewalk Shops this season (April 2 thru June 25). Even if you apply for more than one (1) date, we will only accept your application.
Booth Space Details
Before applying, please note that the spaces are outdoors and are approximately 10' wide by 5' deep. We do NOT allow the usage of full 10'x10' booths as we cannot block the street and we cannot block the sidewalk. If you need shade coverage for this event, we recommend using a smaller sized canopy (e.g. 5'x5' or 6'x4') OR we recommend using an outdoor umbrella.
Instructions on How to Apply to Vend - PLEASE READ
To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process. Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
Your Business Info
- Fill out the fields of the form with your business info.
- Select the event date(s) you'd like to apply to. Due to demand, we are limiting vendors to one (1) appearance at the Sidewalk Shops this season (April 2 thru June 25). If we accept your application, we will confirm your event date in your admission notification email. If you prefer certain dates over others, feel free to use the comments section in the application to specify the event dates you'd like to do in order of priority.
- If you do NOT have a website / online shop / social media, you will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of what you will be selling as well as photos of what you will be selling (BONUS if you have a photo of a past booth setup).
- If you do NOT have a valid seller's permit or temporary seller's permit yet, you may still apply to vend at the Sidewalk Shops. Please leave the seller's permit field blank. However, you will be required to have one prior to the event and will need to email us at email@example.com your valid seller's permit number at least five (5) business days before the event.
Notes: We will NOT accept a single application for more than one vendor. Each vendor who wants to vend at the event must submit their own individual application. Any vendors who have NOT been officially accepted to vend at the Sidewalk Shops for a particular date will not be allowed to vend. Booths are non-transferable. If you decide to withdraw from the event, you will not be able to sell or transfer your booth to another vendor.
- To withdraw your participation from your Sidewalk Shops event date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your business name, full name and, if possible, order number.
- If you withdraw for your Sidewalk Shop event date at least fifteen (15) business days prior to the event date, you will be eligible for a full refund.
- If you withdraw for your Sidewalk Shop event date within fifteen (15) business days prior to the event date, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If your application to vend is NOT accepted, we will process a full refund of your fee upon sending you the notification email.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.