Apply to Vend at Wrestling Nights at 2023 Gordon Biersch Night Markets in San José
ATTENTION: This is the vendor application for the Wrestling Nights only at this summer's Gordon Biersch Night Market events. If you are looking for the vendor application for the other event dates, please go to this page: https://www.sanjosemade.com/products/night-market-2023-vending
Description of the Overall Night Market Event
One of the biggest outdoor summer events in San José returns! Every Thursday (starting on May 4, 2023), Gordon Biersch Brewing, Moveable, SJMADE and San Jose Jazz will bring ten awesome food trucks (different options every week), super tasty beer on-tap, artist & maker vendors, special live music performances, and most importantly, a fun & friendly space to spend your Thursday evenings with friends, family and your beautiful San José community!
Located in Japantown San José outdoors at Gordon Biersch Brewing (357 E. Taylor Street, San José, CA 95113). Open from 5 PM to 9 PM every Thursday. All ages. Dog friendly. Street parking available nearby. Free admission.
Schedule for Live Wrestling at Gordon Biersch Night Markets 2023
- May 4
- June 1
- July 6
- August 3
- September 7
Vending Space is sold out for the following dates:
NOTE: If a specific vending space type or specific date is sold out, select another option from the drop-down menus and you should see availability for other vending space options or dates.
- No event dates are currently sold out of vendor spaces
Vending Space Options
All vendor applications for the wrestling nights at this year's Gordon Biersch Night Market events are juried by our application jury to determine whether or not the vendor applicant's work is a good fit for the event,
For wrestling nights, we only offer one (1) booth space option:
- Vendor Booth Spaces (non-corner locations) - 10'x10' - $75
Due to the amount of space the wrestling takes up, we only have eight (8) booth spaces available at each wrestling night event compared to 30+ vending spaces available at non-wrestling night Gordon Biersch Night Market events.
For Food/Drink Vendor Applicants
We at SJMADE are not accepting any food/drink vendors for these events.
If you are a food/drink vendor interested in participating in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Night Market Food/Drink Vendor Inquiry". Please include your business name, name, email, phone number, website (if any), Instagram (if any) and a brief description of the food/drink you would like to sell at the event.
Vendor Application Process
- Fill out the form of this vendor application page.
- Select the Event Date and Booth Type. If you're looking to apply to multiple event dates, simply click "Add to Cart". Then choose another event date and click add to cart again. Repeat this process until you've applied to all of your desired event dates.
- Click "Checkout" or click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner.
- Make sure the event date(s) in your shopping cart match the event dates you'd like to apply to.
- To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process (i.e. paying for your booth). Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
- Our team will send you an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated time (scroll down to the "Notification" section).
FAQ: "I successfully submitted my application and paid the fees. Does this mean I'm automatically confirmed to vend for the event date(s)."
- No. Submitting your application on our website and paying the fees associated with the application simply means that you've successfully applied to the event.
- Once we receive your application (and fees), our team will review your application. You will receive an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated amount of time on the vendor application page. If your application is accepted, you're all set. If your application is rejected, we will fully refund your fees. If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option of staying on the waitlist OR withdrawing your application and receiving a full refund of your fees.
- What do we review? For every applicant, we will review your website (if any), Instagram (if any) and any additional content you shared with us about your work (photos, descriptions). Additionally, if you've done events with us before, we will take into consideration our past experiences with having you vend at our event(s). Please note that if you do NOT include a website our Instagram in your application, you should email us at email@example.com with photos of your work and a description of your work and your business. Without this content, we will be unable to review your application
- Why do we jury applications? Our goal in jurying applications is to ensure that the vendors who participate in our events are good fits for the event and, therefore, are positioned for success in both sales and customer engagement. If your application is not accepted, this does not mean we don't like your work. It also does not mean that future applications from you will not be accepted. We have had many, many, many vendor applicants whose application was rejected for one event, go on to do many events with us beyond that. Additionally, we jury applications so that we can achieve a healthy balance to the diversity of product types offered at an event (i.e. not having too much of a product type represented at the event).
- Any applicants who apply between now and Mar. 20 will be notified about their application status on Mar. 21, 2023.
- After Mar. 21, 2023, admission notifications will be sent on a rolling basis within six (6) business days of us receiving the vendor application.
- If your application is accepted, you're all set. You'll receive further instructions and information about vending.
- If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option to remain on the waitlist OR withdraw from the waitlist and receive a full refund of your fee. Your waitlisted notification will contain additional information to help guide you through the waitlist process.
- If your application is rejected, you will receive a full refund of your fee.
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the subject line is "Gordon Biersch Night Market 2023 - Wrestling Night - Vendor Inquiry".
- USING CANOPIES. Vendors are responsible for bringing their own canopy and canopy weights. Depending on the weather, the venue itself can be exposed to moderately strong wind in the late afternoon. The wind usually will die down by the event's start at 5 PM. However, please keep an eye on the forecast in the days prior to the event. If you are using a tent or canopy, you will be required by the fire marshal to have sufficient weights on each leg of the canopy / tent.
- TABLES & CHAIRS: We are unable to provide any table(s) or chair(s) for vendors. Vendors are responsible for bring their own table(s) and chair(s).
- LIGHTING AND ELECTRICITY: There is no available access to electricity for vendors at the event. If you are vending at the event, we recommend bringing battery-operated lights if you would like to enhance the visibility at your booth.
- WIFI: There is no available wifi at the venue. We recommend vendors use mobile data from their devices or hotspots in order to take transactions through their devices.
LOAD-IN: If you'd like to bring your vehicle into the venue for load-in, you will be able to do so between 3 PM and 4 PM. If you prefer to carry or cart your stuff into the venue, you will be able to do so anytime between 3 PM and 4:45 PM.
- LOAD-OUT: If you prefer to carry or cart your stuff out of the venue, you will be able to do so starting at 9 PM. If you'd like to bring your vehicle into the venue for load-out, you'll be able to do so starting at 9:30 PM or whenever all the food trucks have vacated the venue. All vendors must be out of the venue by 10:30 PM.
- PARKING: There is street parking available in the surrounding neighborhood, including on the street (Taylor Street) on which the venue resides. Please make sure to read the street signs and, if metered, pay the meters before leaving your vehicle parked. There is no on-site parking (for vendors nor for attendees). Accessibility parking is available both in the parking lot directly next to the venue as well as on the street just outside the venue.
If your application has been accepted for an event date(s), you should notify us at least fifteen (15) business days from the event date(s) to receive a full refund on your fee(s). If you notify us within fifteen (15) business days, you will NOT be eligible for any refund on your fees.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.
Vendor Code of Conduct
- View the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct
- By applying to and being accepted to our events, each vendor is agreeing to adhere to the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct.
- We are asking everyone to read this document before participating in any SJMADE events this year and to try their best to adhere to the following vendor code of conduct. Failure to do so may negatively affect the jurying of a vendor's future applications to our events. Egregious flouting of the vendor code of conduct may result in a vendor's removal from the event in question.
- We will exhaust every opportunity to avoid these situations (because we love having yall at our events!) however as our events have grown, it's become clear that we need to define our expectations for the participating vendors at our events and how they exist within an event's community of vendors. If you believe you'll be unable to adhere to this code of conduct, please let us know and we can discuss.