Apply to Vend at 2022 Gordon Biersch Night Markets in San José
One of the biggest outdoor summer events in San José returns! Every Thursday (starting on May 5, 2021), Gordon Biersch, Moveable, SJMADE and San Jose Jazz will bring ten awesome food trucks (different options every week), super tasty beer on-tap, art & maker vendors, special live music performances, and most importantly, a fun & friendly space to spend your Thursday evenings with friends, family and your beautiful San José community! View our event page for info about the food trucks, live music, food themes, live wrestling and vendor lineups: https://www.sanjosemade.com/pages/night-market-2022
Located in Japantown SJ at Gordon Biersch Brewery (357 E. Taylor Street, San José, CA 95113). Open from 5 PM to 9 PM.
Regular Night Market Vending - SOLD OUT FOR 2022 SEASON
Each vendor space is 10'x10' in size. The cost of a booth per event date is $75. As of right now, we have sixteen (16) vendor spaces available per event. As of 6/20, all of these spaces are sold out. If you'd like to be notified as soon as vendor applications go live for the 2023 events, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Gordon Biersch Night Market - 2023 - Vendor Application Notification". Please include your business name, name, email, phone, website, Instagram and any other info that will help us get a better sense of your business.
Special Wrestling Night Market Vending
Each vendor space is 10'x10' in size. The cost of a booth per event date is $50. As of right now, we have six (6) vendor spaces available per special wrestling event. The cost is lower because this is the first year we're including vendors at our wrestling nights.
NOTE: WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY FOOD OR DRINK VENDORS FOR THESE EVENTS.
- USING CANOPIES. Depending on the weather, the venue itself can be exposed to moderately strong wind in the late afternoon. The wind usually will die down by the event's start at 5 PM. However, please keep an eye on the forecast in the days prior to the event. If you are using a tent or canopy, you will be required by the fire marshal to have sufficient weights on each leg of the canopy / tent.
- TABLES & CHAIRS: We are unable to provide any table(s) or chair(s) for vendors. Vendors are responsible for bring their own table(s) and chair(s).
- LIGHTING AND ELECTRICITY: There is no available access to electricity for vendors at the event. If you are vending at the event, we recommend bringing battery-operated lights if you would like to enhance the visibility at your booth.
- WIFI: There is no available wifi at the venue. We recommend vendors use mobile data from their devices or hotspots in order to take transactions through their devices.
LOAD-IN: If you'd like to bring your vehicle into the venue for load-in, you will be able to do so between 3:30 PM and 4:15 PM. If you prefer to carry or cart your stuff into the venue, you will be able to do so anytime between 3:30 PM and 4:45 PM.
- LOAD-OUT: If you prefer to carry or cart your stuff out of the venue, you will be able to do so starting at 9 PM. If you'd like to bring your vehicle into the venue for load-out, you'll be able to do so starting at 9:30 PM or whenever all the food trucks have vacated the venue.
- PARKING: There is street parking available in the surrounding neighborhood, including on the street (Taylor Street) on which the venue resides. Please make sure to read the street signs and, if metered, pay the meters before leaving your vehicle parked.
Vendor Application Process
To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process. Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
Once you successfully submit your vendor application, our team will review your application for the date(s) you're applying to. Please keep in mind, we jury applications based on the materials with which you provide us as well as, if available, your booths / pop-ups at our previous events.
If this is your first time applying for a SJMADE event and you don't yet have a website for your business, no worries! We encourage you to simply share about your business in the comments section of the website so we can learn a little more about you and your work, and email us photos of some of your products to email@example.com.
Additionally, we jury applications based on creating balance with the product types offered at each event, e.g. we want to avoid situations where we have, like, three soap makers or three candles makers at the same event. Given that we only have eight spaces per event, we want to ensure a diversity of products available at each event.
Within five business days of submitting your vendor application, you will receive an email notification from someone on our team letting you know whether your application was accepted, waitlisted or rejected. If your application is accepted for one of your selected dates, we will send further instructions on participating in the event as well as promotional materials. If your application is waitlisted, you will have the ability to request a refund at that point and remove yourself from the waitlist OR keep your application on the waitlist in case there is a withdrawal for the event date (to which you applied) or in case we are able to increase the number of vendor booths per event.
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the subject line is "Gordon Biersch Night Market 2022 - Vendor Inquiry".
If you notify us at least ten (10) business days from the event date, you will be eligible for a full refund on your booth fee. If you notify us within ten (10) business days, you will NOT be eligible for any refund on your booth fee.
SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.