Apply for Vendor Waitlist - SJMADE Holiday Fair 2023
This page is for vendors looking to join the vendor waitlist for SJMADE Holiday Fair 2023.
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
- This application is to apply for the SJMADE Holiday Fair 2023 Vendor Waitlist.
- You will be required to pay your booth fee and fill out the vendor application here in order to join the waitlist.
- If your application to join the waitlist is approved, we will send you an email with further instructions.
- If your application to join the waitlist is NOT approved, we will send you an email and fully refund your booth fee.
- You may withdraw from the waitlist at any time prior to the event itself to receive a full refund.
- If no spaces become available between now and the event itself, you will receive a full refund on your booth fee.
Please read through the instructions below before applying to this year's SJMADE Holiday Fair 2023.
The SJMADE Holiday Fair–the largest winter holiday craft fair in the South Bay Area– returns in 2023 on this year on Nov. 24 (Black Friday) and Nov. 25 (Small Business Saturday). Featuring over 425+ amazing makers, artists, designers, curators, workshop guides, food producers and creative small businesses. As always, free admission for attendees.
- Dates & Times: Nov. 24 (11 am to 7 pm) + Nov. 25 (11 am to 7 pm)
- Venue: Santa Clara Convention Center
- Address: 5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Info: Free admission for attendees. All ages. Free parking on-site.
To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process. Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
Instructions on How to Apply to Vend - PLEASE READ
- Fill out the form of this vendor application page.
- Select an option from Vendor Type and Booth Type.
- Click "Checkout" or click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner.
- To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process (i.e. paying for your booth). Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
- Our team will send you an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated time (scroll down to the "Notification" section).
FAQ: "I successfully submitted my application and paid the fees. Does this mean I'm automatically confirmed to vend for the event date(s)."
- No. Submitting your application on our website and paying the fees associated with the application simply means that you've successfully applied to the event.
- Once we receive your application (and fees), our team will review your application. You will receive an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated amount of time on the vendor application page. If your application is accepted, you're all set. If your application is rejected, we will fully refund your fees. If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option of staying on the waitlist OR withdrawing your application and receiving a full refund of your fees.
- What do we review? For every applicant, we will review your website (if any), Instagram (if any) and any additional content you shared with us about your work (photos, descriptions). Additionally, if you've done events with us before, we will take into consideration our past experiences with having you vend at our event(s). Please note that if you do NOT include a website our Instagram in your application, you should email us at email@example.com with photos of your work and a description of your work and your business. Without this content, we will be unable to review your application
- Why do we jury applications? Our goal in jurying applications is to ensure that the vendors who participate in our events are good fits for the event and, therefore, are positioned for success in both sales and customer engagement. If your application is not accepted, this does not mean we don't like your work. It also does not mean that future applications from you will not be accepted. We have had many, many, many vendor applicants whose application was rejected for one event, go on to do many events with us beyond that. Additionally, we jury applications so that we can achieve a healthy balance to the diversity of product types offered at an event (i.e. not having too much of a product type represented at the event).
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the subject line is "SJMADE Holiday Fair 2023 - Vendor Inquiry: [INSERT YOUR BUSINESS NAME]".
- Non-Food/Drink (+$0). If you do not plan to sell food and/or drink items during the event, please select this option.
- Food/Drink (+$100). If you plan to sell food and/or drink items during the event, please select this option. The overall fee for food/drink vendor applicants INCLUDES your $99 RC1 Low Risk Temporary Food Facility Permit Fee. If what you sell requires a Temporary Food Facility Permit above the RC1 Low Risk permit, we will NOT accept your application to vend (e.g. food that requires on-site preparation). To read more about Temporary Food Facility Permits, view the Santa Clara County's page on them: https://cpd.sccgov.org/programs-and-services/temporary-events. If you'd like to ask us whether or not your food/drink vendor application qualifies for consideration, please email us at email@example.com with your business name, website / social media (if available) and a description of what you'd be selling.
- Full Booth - Located Anywhere (10'x10') (+$500). If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will receive a full 10'x10' booth however you will not be guaranteed a corner location.
- Shared Booth (+$300). If you do not need a full 10'x10' booth space, the Shared Booth option is the next option. If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will share a 10'x10' booth space with another vendor. You may specify another vendor with whom you would like to share a booth however that vendor must also apply for a Shared Booth and specify you as their preferred boothmate and be accepted. If you do NOT specify a preferred boothmate, we will pair you with another Shared Booth applicant who has also not specified a preferred boothmate. If you have any questions about this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be requiring all Shared Booths to follow the configuration in this diagram unless there is explicit consent from both vendors. If you do NOT want to share a booth with another vendor, we recommend you apply for a Full Booth.
Notes: We will NOT accept a single application for more than one vendor. Each vendor who wants to vend at the event must submit their own individual application. Any vendors who have NOT been officially accepted to vend at the Holiday Fair will not be allowed to vend at the event. Booths are non-transferable. If you decide to withdraw from the event, you will not be able to sell or transfer your booth to another vendor.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.
Vendor Code of Conduct
- View the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct
- By applying to and being accepted to our events, each vendor is agreeing to adhere to the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct.
- We are asking everyone to read this document before participating in any SJMADE events this year and to try their best to adhere to the following vendor code of conduct. Failure to do so may negatively affect the jurying of a vendor's future applications to our events. Egregious flouting of the vendor code of conduct may result in a vendor's removal from the event in question.
- We will exhaust every opportunity to avoid these situations (because we love having yall at our events!) however as our events have grown, it's become clear that we need to define our expectations for the participating vendors at our events and how they exist within an event's community of vendors. If you believe you'll be unable to adhere to this code of conduct, please let us know and we can discuss.