Apply to Vend - San José Craft Holiday Fair 2022
Please read through the instructions below before applying to this year's Holiday Fair 2022.
The San José Craft Holiday Fair–the largest winter holiday craft fair in the South Bay Area– returns this year on Nov. 25 (Black Friday) and Nov. 26 (Small Business Saturday). Featuring over 350+ amazing makers, artists, designers, curators, workshop guides, food producers and creative small businesses. As always, free admission for attendees.
- Dates & Times: Nov. 25 (11 am to 7 pm) + Nov. 26 (11 am to 7 pm)
- Venue: Santa Clara Convention Center
- Address: 5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Mask Policy: Face masks must be worn by all vendors and all attendees while at the event regardless of vaccination status.
- Once again, we will be doing rolling admissions for the Holiday Fair. This means if you apply between April 6, 2022 and August 31, 2022 (or whenever booth spaces sell out), you will receive an application status notification (acceptance / waitlisted / not accepted) within ten (10) business days of applying.
- If your application is accepted, the email notification will contain instructions and further information, and you'll be able to get the event on your schedule and start preparing.
- If your application is waitlisted, the email notification will offer you the opportunity to withdraw your application and receive a refund OR stay on the waitlist. If you decide to stay on the waitlist, you'll be notified if a space opens up for you to participate.
- If your application is not accepted, you will receive an email notification from our team as well as email notification that your booth fee refund has been processed.
Given that we are doing rolling admissions this year, we highly recommend applying as soon as you reasonably can apply. If we reach our quota for accepted vendors for a particular product category, we will no longer be able to accept applicants for that particular product category.
To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process. Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
Once you successfully submit your vendor application, our team will review your application. Please keep in mind, we jury applications based on the materials with which you provide us (website, online shop, social media, etc.) as well as, if available, your booth / pop-up experience at our previous events. If this is your first time applying for a SJMADE event and you don't yet have a website for your business, no worries! We encourage you to simply share about your business in the comments section of the application so we can learn a little more about you and your work. Additionally, we jury applications based on creating balance with the product types offered at each event, e.g. we want to avoid situations where we have, for example, fifty makers of the same product type at the event.
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com. Make sure the subject line is "San José Craft Holiday Fair 2022 - Vendor Inquiry: [INSERT YOUR BUSINESS NAME]".
Instructions on How to Apply to Vend - PLEASE READ
Please read through these instructions before applying.
Your Business Info
- Fill out the fields of the form with your business info.
- If you do NOT have a website / online shop / social media, you will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of what you will be selling as well as photos of what you will be selling (BONUS if you have a photo of a past booth setup).
- If you do NOT have a valid seller's permit or temporary seller's permit yet, you may still apply to vend at the Holiday Fair. Please leave the seller's permit field blank. However, you will be required to have one prior to the event and will need to email us at email@example.com your valid seller's permit number at least five (5) business days before the event.
- Non-Food/Drink (+$0). If you do not plan to sell food and/or drink items during the event, please select this option.
- Food/Drink (+$99). If you plan to sell food and/or drink items during the event, please select this option. The overall fee for food/drink vendor applicants INCLUDES your $99 RC1 Low Risk Temporary Food Facility Permit Fee. If what you sell requires a Temporary Food Facility Permit above the RC1 Low Risk permit, we will NOT accept your application to vend (e.g. food that requires on-site preparation). To read more about Temporary Food Facility Permits, view the Santa Clara County's page on them: https://cpd.sccgov.org/programs-and-services/temporary-events. If you'd like to ask us whether or not your food/drink vendor application qualifies for consideration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your business name, website / social media (if available) and a description of what you'd be selling.
- Double Booth (20'x10') (+$845). This is the largest booth size we offer through the application process. If you're interested in a booth size larger than this, please first email us at email@example.com with your business name, website / social media (if available) and a description of what you'd be selling.
- Full Booth - Corner Location (10'x10') (+$494). If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will receive a full 10'x10' booth and you will be placed in a corner booth location.
- Full Booth - Located Anywhere (10'x10') (+$444). If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will receive a full 10'x10' booth however you will not be guaranteed a corner location.
- Shared Booth (+$260). If you do not need a full 10'x10' booth space, the Shared Booth option is the next option. If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will share a 10'x10' booth space with another vendor. You may specify another vendor with whom you would like to share a booth however that vendor must also apply for a Shared Booth and specify you as their preferred boothmate and be accepted. If you do NOT specify a preferred boothmate, we will pair you with another Shared Booth applicant who has also not specified a preferred boothmate. If you have any questions about this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be requiring all Shared Booths to follow the configuration in this diagram unless there is explicit consent from both vendors. If you do NOT want to share a booth with another vendor, we recommend you apply for a Full Booth.
Notes: We will NOT accept a single application for more than one vendor. Each vendor who wants to vend at the event must submit their own individual application. Any vendors who have NOT been officially accepted to vend at the Holiday Fair will not be allowed to vend at the event. Booths are non-transferable. If you decide to withdraw from the event, you will not be able to sell or transfer your booth to another vendor.
- To withdraw your participation from the San José Craft Holiday Fair 2022, please email email@example.com and include your business name, full name and, if possible, order number.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime before September 19, 2022, you will receive a full refund on your booth fee.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime between September 19, 2022 and October 9, 2022, you will receive a 50% refund on your booth fee. Alternatively, instead of receiving a 50% refund, you could opt to apply your booth fee to the 2023 San José Craft Holiday Fair.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime after October 9, 2022, you will not be eligible any refund on your booth fee. Alternatively, you could opt to apply your booth fee to the 2023 San José Craft Holiday Fair.
- If your application to vend is NOT accepted, we will process a full refund of your fee upon sending you the notification email.
Starting in September 2022, accepted vendors will have the ability to purchase additional amenities for the event, e.g. tables, chairs, access to electricity, wifi, etc.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.