Apply to Vend - San José Craft Holiday Fair 2021
The San José Craft Holiday Fair–the largest winter holiday craft fair in the South Bay Area– returns this year. And the 2021 version will be the biggest version yet. This year's Holiday Fair spans three full days from Black Friday (Nov. 26) through Small Business Saturday (Nov. 27) and ending on Sunday, Nov. 28. Featuring over 350+ amazing makers, artists, designers, curators, workshop guides, food producers and creative small businesses. As always, free admission for attendees.
- Dates & Times: Nov. 26 (12 PM to 6 PM), Nov. 27 (11 AM to 6 PM) and Nov. 28 (11 AM to 5 PM).
- Venue: Santa Clara Convention Center
- Address: 5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Mask Policy: Face masks must be worn by all vendors and all attendees while at the event regardless of vaccination status.
Deadline to Apply: September 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST or whenever we sell out of spaces. Unlike in previous years where we waited until a specific date to jury all the applications and send out application notification emails all at once, this year we will be doing rolling admissions for this event. What this means is within five (5) business days of submitting your vendor application, you will receive an email notification from someone on our team letting you know if your application is accepted, waitlisted, not accepted or requires further information in order to be sufficiently juried. If your application is accepted, the email notification will contain instructions and further information, and you'll be able to get the event on your schedule and start preparing. If your application is not accepted, you will receive an email notification from our team as well as email notification that your booth fee refund has been processed.
Why the New Venue?
While we very much enjoyed the central downtown San José location of the South Hall venue where we hosted previous year's San José Craft Holiday Fairs, we unfortunately had our reservation of the venue cancelled on us earlier this summer, leaving us with no other viable options for keeping the 2021 Holiday Fair in downtown San José.
That being said, we are tremendously excited to bring the 2021 Holiday Fair to the Santa Clara Convention Center–which is a little over a 10 minute drive from downtown San José. The venue is significantly larger, meaning we'll get to host even more wonderful creative small businesses and more unique on-site activations. Additionally, we'll be able to finally do a three-day version of the Holiday Fair!
Despite the initial disappointment in not being able to secure the same venue, we are overwhelmingly confident that this year's Holiday Fair will not just be as amazing as previous year's events–it'll be even better and even bigger!
Instructions on How to Apply to Vend - PLEASE READ
Our application is a little bit different this year so please read through these instructions before applying.
Your Business Info
- Fill out the fields of the form with your business info.
- If you do NOT have a website / online shop / social media, you will need to email us at email@example.com with a description of what you will be selling as well as photos of what you will be selling (BONUS if you have a photo of a past booth setup).
- If you do NOT have a valid seller's permit or temporary seller's permit yet, you may still apply to vend at the Holiday Fair. Please leave the seller's permit field blank. However, you will be required to have one prior to the event and will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your valid seller's permit number at least five (5) business days before the event.
You will see three drop-down menus after filling out the form with your business info. Your total fee will be based on the selections you make for each drop-down menu. Please review below to better understand the pricing. The price in the parentheses denotes how much will be added to your total fee when you select that option.
We are offering creative small businesses the ability to apply for both the San José Craft Holiday Fair AND the SJMADE Program at the same time using one application. Additionally, we're offering a $50 discount on the entry fee for our SJMADE Program when you apply to both the SJMADE Program and the San José Craft Holiday Fair at the same time. Already since launching in November 2020, the SJMADE Program has driven over $120K in sales to its participating creative small businesses through its online shop and its physical storefront located in downtown San José at SJMADE’s MOMENT micro-retail storefront.
If you select this option (and are accepted), you will be able to vend at our three-day Holiday Fair IN ADDITION to us selling your work through our SJMADE Online Shop and any other SJMADE retail stores. Not to mention, your SJMADE Program participation will be valid through July 2022 so we'll continue selling your work well into 2022!
Please read the SJMADE Program page before applying for this option so you understand the details of the Program participation and revenue sharing arrangement once you surpass your breakpoint. We understand that you may have some questions so feel free to email us at email@example.com if you need some clarification before applying!
- Event Fee + SJMADE Program Fee (+$150). This year, we are offering a $50 discount on the entry fee for the SJMADE Program along with the booth fee for the San José Craft Holiday Fair 2021. If you select this option, you will enjoy getting to vend at our three-day Holiday Fair IN ADDITION to us selling your work through our SJMADE Online Shop and any other SJMADE retail stores. Your SJMADE Program participation will be valid through July 2022 so we'll continue selling your work for you even after the winter holiday season has passed!
- Event Fee only (+$0). If you are NOT interested in being a part of the SJMADE Program (or if you're already a SJMADE Program participant), select the Event Fee only option.
- Non-Food/Drink (+$0). If you do not plan to sell food and/or drink items during the event, please select this option.
- Food/Drink (+$99). If you plan to sell food and/or drink items during the event, please select this option. The overall fee for food/drink vendor applicants INCLUDES your $99 RC1 Low Risk Temporary Food Facility Permit Fee. If what you sell requires a Temporary Food Facility Permit above the RC1 Low Risk permit, we will NOT accept your application to vend (e.g. food that requires on-site preparation). To read more about Temporary Food Facility Permits, view the Santa Clara County's page on them: https://cpd.sccgov.org/programs-and-services/temporary-events. If you'd like to ask us whether or not your food/drink vendor application qualifies for consideration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your business name, website / social media (if available) and a description of what you'd be selling.
- Double Booth (20'x10') (+$845). This is the largest booth size we offer through the application process. If you're interested in a booth size larger than this, please first email us at email@example.com with your business name, website / social media (if available) and a description of what you'd be selling.
- Full Booth - Corner Location (10'x10') (+$494). If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will receive a full 10'x10' booth and you will be placed in a corner booth location.
- Full Booth - Located Anywhere (10'x10') (+$444). If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will receive a full 10'x10' booth however you will not be guaranteed a corner location.
- Shared Booth (+$260). If you do not need a full 10'x10' booth space, the Shared Booth option is the smallest space offered. If you apply to vend using this option and your application is accepted, you will share a 10'x10' booth space with another vendor. You may specify another vendor with whom you would like to share a booth however that vendor must also apply for a Shared Booth and specify you as their preferred boothmate and be accepted. If you do NOT specify a preferred boothmate, we will pair you with another Shared Booth applicant who has also not specified a preferred boothmate. If you have any questions about this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be requiring all Shared Booths to follow the configuration in this diagram unless there is explicit consent from both vendors. If you do NOT want to share a booth with another vendor, we recommend you apply for a Full Booth.
Notes: We will NOT accept a single application for more than one vendor. Each vendor who wants to vend at the event must submit their own individual application. Any vendors who have NOT been officially accepted to vend at the Holiday Fair will not be allowed to vend at the event. Booths are non-transferable. If you decide to withdraw from the event, you will not be able to sell or transfer your booth to another vendor.
- Submit your application. To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process. Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
- Jurying Period. Once you successfully submit your vendor application, our team will review your application. Please keep in mind, we jury applications based on the materials with which you provide us (website, online shop, social media, etc.) as well as, if available, your booth / pop-up experience at our previous events. If this is your first time applying for a SJMADE event and you don't yet have a website for your business, no worries! We encourage you to simply share about your business in the comments section of the application so we can learn a little more about you and your work. Additionally, we jury applications based on creating balance with the product types offered at each event, e.g. we want to avoid situations where we have, like, fifty makers of the same product type at the event.
- Notification. We will be doing rolling admissions for this event. Within five (5) business days of submitting your vendor application, you will receive an email notification from someone on our team. If your application is accepted, the email notification will contain instructions and further information. If your application is not accepted, you will receive an email notification from our team as well as email notification that your booth fee refund has been processed.
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com. Make sure the subject line is "San José Craft Holiday Fair 2021 - Vendor Inquiry: [INSERT YOUR BUSINESS NAME]".
- To withdraw your participation from the San José Craft Holiday Fair 2021, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your business name, full name and, if possible, order number.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime before September 30, 2021, you will receive a full refund on your booth fee.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime between October 1, 2021 and October 31, 2021, you will receive a 50% refund on your booth fee. Alternatively, instead of receiving a 50% refund, you could opt to apply your booth fee to the 2022 San José Craft Holiday Fair.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime after October 31, 2021, you will not be eligible any refund on your booth fee. Alternatively, you could opt to apply your booth fee to the 2022 San José Craft Holiday Fair.
- If your application to vend is NOT accepted, we will process a full refund of your fee upon sending you the notification email.
Starting in late September 2021, accepted vendors will have the ability to purchase additional amenities for the event, e.g. tables, chairs, access to electricity, wifi, etc. In past year's, tables and chairs came with the booth however due to the venue change and the new venue's policies, we can no longer offer complimentary tables and chairs with each booth.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.