Apply to Vend - Friend Fest 2023
The first weekend in March 2023 marks the return of a bigger and better version of SJMADE'S Friend Fest: An Art, Craft & Maker Celebration of Best Friends, New Friends, Old Friends, "We're Just Friends", "Wanna Be More Than Friends" or whatever! It's our largest ever with over 200 of your favorite creative small businesses.
Happening on Saturday, Mar. 4 and Sunday, Mar. 5 at Westgate Mall in the former Walmart Neighborhood Market space at 1600 Saratoga Ave #501, San Jose, CA 95129. Featuring over 200 artists, makers and creators, a special Friend Fest nostalgic photo booth experience, special Friend Fest temporary tattoo door giveaways, special Friend Fest programming & activities, and most importantly, lots & lots of friendships vibes.
Free admission for attendees. Open from 11 AM to 5 PM each day. This venue is indoors. Face masks strongly recommended. All ages. Dog-friendly.
Instructions on How to Apply to Vend - PLEASE READ
Your Business Info
- Fill out the fields of the form with your business info.
- If you do NOT have a website / online shop / social media, you will need to email us at email@example.com with a description of what you will be selling as well as photos of what you will be selling (BONUS if you have a photo of a past booth setup).
- If you do NOT have a valid seller's permit or temporary seller's permit yet, you may still apply to vend at Friend Fest. Please leave the seller's permit field blank. However, you will be required to have one prior to the event and will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your valid seller's permit number at least five (5) business days before the event.
Selling Space Type
- Full Booth - Corner Location (8'x8') ($300). You can arrange this space within the parameters of the 8'x8' space however you'd like. This option GUARANTEES you a corner location.
- Full Booth (8'x8') ($225). You can arrange this space within the parameters of the 8'x8' space however you'd like.
- While we don't have specific criteria for accepting Friend Fest vendor applicants, bonus points for mentioning in the comments section of the Friend Fest application about how your work (be it all your products or even just one or two products) aligns with the Friend Fest theme and how it will contribute to the "celebration of friendship" vibes of the event. It could be a specific product(s) you sell that aligns with the theme. It could be a promotion you'll run during the event that, for example, gives discounts to people who purchase in pairs or in groups. It could be a particular product or facet of your craft that was inspired by a friend(s).
- We will NOT accept a single application for more than one vendor. Each vendor who wants to vend at the event must submit their own individual application. Any vendors who have NOT been officially accepted to vend at Friend Fest will not be allowed to vend at the event. Booths are non-transferable. If you decide to withdraw from the event, you will not be able to sell or transfer your booth to another vendor.
- If you are a food/drink vendor, we will NOT be accepting applications from any prepared food and drink vendors (e.g. savory food meals). However, any vendor who sells low-risk desserts (e.g. cookies, cupcakes, macarons) and packaged food goods (e.g. jams, hot sauce, olive oil, tea) are OK to apply though we'll only be accepting these types of vendors in limited quantities.
- Submit your application. To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process. Make sure to select PICK-UP so you don't have to pay our shipping fee. This is a digital vendor application so everything will be sent to you and handled via email.
- Jurying Period. Once you successfully submit your vendor application, our team will review your application. Please keep in mind, we jury applications based on the materials with which you provide us (website, online shop, social media, etc.) as well as, if available, your booth / pop-up experience at our previous events. If this is your first time applying for a SJMADE event and you don't yet have a website for your business, no worries! We encourage you to simply share about your business in the comments section of the application so we can learn a little more about you and your work. Additionally, we jury applications based on creating balance with the product types offered at each event, e.g. we want to avoid situations where we have, like, fifty makers of the same product type at the event.
- Notification. Admission notification emails (acceptance / rejection / waitlisting) will be sent out within ten (10) business days of your application submission. If your application is accepted, you will receive instructions and information to help you prepare for the event. If your application is waitlisted, you will receive an email notification from our team with instructions on what happens next (i.e. you'll have the option to remain on the waitlist or to withdraw and receive a full refund). If your application is not accepted, you will receive an email notification from our team as well as email notification that your booth fee refund has been processed.
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com. Make sure the subject line is "Friend Fest 2023 - Vendor Inquiry: [INSERT YOUR BUSINESS NAME]".
Additional Vendor Details
- Vendors will need to bring their own table(s) and chair(s).
- There is free on-site parking for vendors and attendees.
- The use of canopies and canopy frames will NOT be permitted. This is an indoor event so shade structures are not necessary.
- There will be no access to electricity for vendors at the event.
- There will be no wifi provided at the event. We recommend vendors use their mobile data or a wifi hotspot to take transactions.
- The venue is very brightly lit so additional lighting should not be required.
- You will be able to leave your booth setup overnight. As always, we recommend taking home personal valuables and electronics.
- To withdraw your participation from Friend Fest 2023, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your business name, full name and, if possible, order number.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime before January 20, 2023, you will receive a full refund on your booth fee.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime between January 20, 2023 and February 4, 2023, you will receive a 50% refund on your booth fee. Alternatively, instead of receiving a 50% refund, you could opt to receive an event booth fee credit equivalent to your entire booth fee.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime after February 4, 2023, you will not be eligible any refund on your booth fee nor will you be eligible for a booth fee credit.
- If your application to vend is NOT accepted, we will process a full refund of your fee upon sending you the notification email.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.