Apply to Vend at San Jose's Fall Festival 2023
San José Made and its outdoor vendor marketplace returns this year to Martial Cottle Park's San Jose Fall Festival 2023. Happening on Saturday, Oct. 7 from 9 AM to 2 PM, Fall Festival is Santa Clara County Parks wonderfully popular annual fall event featuring:
- Our Vendor Marketplace featuring 100+ vendors
- 8 Food Trucks
- Pumpkin Patch
- Pop-Up Petting Zoo
- DIY Craft Workshops
- Live Music
- Cattle Corral
- Farm Tractors & Machinery
- Amazing Picnic Vibes
- So much more to announce!
- Event Title: Fall Festival 2023
- Dates & Times: October 7 (9 AM to 2 PM)
- Location: Martial Cottle Park, 5283 Snell Avenue, San Jose, CA 95136
- Details: Outdoor event. Free admission. All ages. Dog-friendly.
- Parking: On-site event parking price for attendees TBD. Free parking for vendors.
HOW TO APPLY - PLEASE READ
IMPORTANT: Per the curation guidelines of Martial Cottle Park and Santa Clara County Parks' vision for the Fall Festival event, items sold must be:
- Handmade or designed by you
- Locally made (Bay Area based) and
- Reflect the fall harvest season, nature / wildlife, the environment, our shared agricultural heritage, and/or our continued connection to the land and food systems
If you're unsure whether or not your products qualify for this, please email us at email@example.com with your website, Instagram and/or photos of your products. Alternatively, you can go ahead and apply. If your products do not qualify under the park's curation guidelines, your booth fee will be fully refunded.
To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process. Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
- Fill out the form of this vendor application page.
- Select an option from Booth Type.
- Click "Checkout" or click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner.
- To successfully submit your application, you must go through the online checkout process (i.e. paying for your booth). Don't worry about the pick-up / delivery method, just choose whatever. Since this is a digital vendor application, whichever option you choose will not matter.
- Our team will send you an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated time (scroll down to the "Notification" section).
FAQ: "I successfully submitted my application and paid the fees. Does this mean I'm automatically confirmed to vend for the event date(s)."
- No. Submitting your application on our website and paying the fees associated with the application simply means that you've successfully applied to the event.
- Once we receive your application (and fees), our team will review your application. You will receive an admission notification (accepted / waitlisted / rejected) within the stated amount of time on the vendor application page. If your application is accepted, you're all set. If your application is rejected, we will fully refund your fees. If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option of staying on the waitlist OR withdrawing your application and receiving a full refund of your fees.
- What do we review? For every applicant, we will review your website (if any), Instagram (if any) and any additional content you shared with us about your work (photos, descriptions). Additionally, if you've done events with us before, we will take into consideration our past experiences with having you vend at our event(s). Please note that if you do NOT include a website our Instagram in your application, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of your work and a description of your work and your business. Without this content, we will be unable to review your application
- Why do we jury applications? Our goal in jurying applications is to ensure that the vendors who participate in our events are good fits for the event and, therefore, are positioned for success in both sales and customer engagement. If your application is not accepted, this does not mean we don't like your work. It also does not mean that future applications from you will not be accepted. We have had many, many, many vendor applicants whose application was rejected for one event, go on to do many events with us beyond that. Additionally, we jury applications so that we can achieve a healthy balance to the diversity of product types offered at an event (i.e. not having too much of a product type represented at the event).
- Any applicants who apply between now and July 16 will be notified about their application status on July 20.
- After July 20 2023, admission notifications will be sent on a rolling basis within ten (10) business days of us receiving the vendor application.
- If your application is accepted, you're all set. You'll receive further instructions and information about vending.
- If your application is waitlisted, you will have the option to remain on the waitlist OR withdraw from the waitlist and receive a full refund of your fee. Your waitlisted notification will contain additional information to help guide you through the waitlist process.
- If your application is rejected, you will receive a full refund of your fee.
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com. Make sure the subject line is "San Jose Fall Festival 2023 - Vendor Inquiry: [INSERT YOUR BUSINESS NAME]".
- To withdraw your participation from San Jose Fall Festival 2023, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your business name, full name and, if possible, order number.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime before August 28, 2023, you will receive a full refund on your booth fee.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime between August 28, 2023 and September 5, 2023, you will receive a 50% refund on your booth fee.
- If you withdraw from the event anytime after September 5, 2023, you will not be eligible any refund on your booth fee or any booth fee credits.
- If your application to vend is NOT accepted, we will process a full refund of your booth fee (and electricity if you purchased it) upon sending you the notification email.
- Non-Food/Drink ($65): 10'x10' booth space.
- Food/Drink ($150): 10'x10' booth space. Once accepted, you will need to fill out and send to us a TFF Application for Santa Clara County Health. Santa Clara County Health will review your application and determine whether or not to permit your booth at the event. Once they approve, your participation will be finalized. NOTE: This option is only for RC1 food/drink vendors. We will not be accepting applications for food/drink vendors who are categorized as RC2 and higher, per Santa Clara County Health. Your fee covers the cost of an RC1 TFF Permit Fee. Learn more about Santa Clara County Health's TFF: https://cpd.sccgov.org/food/temporary-events.
ADDITIONAL VENDOR DETAILS
- Vendors will need to bring their own canopy, canopy weights, table(s) and chair(s).
- If you use a canopy, you will have to weigh down all four (4) tent legs or the fire marshal will not allow you to continue vending; so please bring weights for your tent (be it tent weights or jugs of water or lifting weights). You will NOT be able to puncture the ground with any spikes to hold down the tent.
- There is free on-site parking for vendors.
- There will be no access to electricity for vendors at the event.
- There will be no wifi at the venue however past vendors have not reported any issues with mobile data reception or use of mobile hotspots at this venue. Even during peak times, we have not experienced mobile reception issues.
- Vendors will be able to load-in starting at 7 AM on Saturday, Oct. 7.
- SAFETY: Participant will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Participant, including obtaining all licenses, permits, and approvals that may be required to enable Participant to conduct its activities at the Event and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY: San José Made will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against San José Made related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- INSURANCE: Participant represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Participant will conduct at the Event. Participant covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold San José Made (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Participant’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.
VENDOR CODE OF CONDUCT
- View the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct
- By applying to and being accepted to our events, each vendor is agreeing to adhere to the 2023 Vendor Code of Conduct.
- We are asking everyone to read this document before participating in any SJMADE events this year and to try their best to adhere to the following vendor code of conduct. Failure to do so may negatively affect the jurying of a vendor's future applications to our events. Egregious flouting of the vendor code of conduct may result in a vendor's removal from the event in question.
- We will exhaust every opportunity to avoid these situations (because we love having yall at our events!) however as our events have grown, it's become clear that we need to define our expectations for the participating vendors at our events and how they exist within an event's community of vendors. If you believe you'll be unable to adhere to this code of conduct, please let us know and we can discuss.