Founded in 2011, San Jose Made powers the continual development of a robust retail ecosystem for makers, artists, designers and emerging brands in San Jose and the surrounding Silicon Valley area to grow their businesses and brands.
To do this, we constantly nurture and continually grow the three primary components of this retail ecosystem: our AUDIENCE, our SMALL BUSINESSES and our PARTNERS.
We’ve BUILT an audience of over 50K #shoplocal #shopsmall enthusiasts of across our social media, website and email newsletter.
We’ve CREATED a network of over 1K Bay Area small businesses specializing in craft, design, and high-level social media storytelling.
We’ve PARTNERED with high-visibility spaces and projects to produce unique retail experiences and pop-up shops, thereby cultivating more meaningful, aspirational and dynamic narratives for the spaces.
For creative small businesses...
San Jose Made is the answer to the question: "How do I grow my craft or art or specialty into a viable small business in the Bay Area?"
For projects, properties, events or spaces in the Bay Area...
San Jose Made is the answer to the question: "How do I define my project/event/space with more local values and local spirit?"
For #shoplocal #shopsmall enthusiasts...
San Jose Made is the answer to the question: "Where do I go to shop local in the San Jose, Silicon Valley and Bay Area?"
Guiding San Jose Made are its four pillars…
The Future of Retail
We create dynamic experiences powered by the urgency and immediacy of today’s culture.
We work and support small businesses who bring wonder, craft and value to their community and culture.
We are a leader in the Bay Area for the ever-growing small business movement that’s captivating cities across the country and around the world.
I HEART SAN JOSE
We cultivate in nearly everything we do a sense of regional pride and consequent customer loyalty.
Specifically, San Jose Made connects makers, artists, designers and emerging brands in the San Jose, Silicon Valley and greater Bay Area to each other and to opportunities to grow their brands and their businesses.
How do we do this?
1. We partner with high-traffic, high-visibility spaces to connect local makers to affordable high-growth business opportunities.
2. We create and also partner with high-visibility events to help our makers expand and expose their brand to significant Bay Area audiences.
3. We bring community-centric, local-economy-focused ideas to high-profile public projects.
4. We connect makers to makers who may help them grow and refine their business and vice versa, ultimately cultivating a collaborative and collective spirit for the local maker scene here.
5. We stand as a personal and personable platform with whom makers can establish an ongoing dialogue as to how to create and grow, troubleshoot and strategize for their business.
By being there for our makers and by being a personal and personable presence in helping them figure out how to grow their business in the Bay, we are able to consequently cultivate a robust community of creative small businesses ready to transform spaces into exciting, locally driven and intimate phenomenons through which people in the Bay can connect and consequently celebrate local retailers and creative talent.
San Jose Made (SJMADE) is a brand of pop-up opportunities, events and installations operated by San Jose Made, Inc.