Martial Cottle Park's Spring Celebration
FEATURING SAN JOSE MADE
Saturday, May 5
10 AM to 3 PM
Martial Cottle ParK
5283 Snell Ave
San Jose, CA 95136
FREE ADMISSION + ALL AGES WELCOME
Join us and over 5,000 others for this wonderful celebration of Spring at the beautiful, expansive and eminently explorable Martial Cottle Park located in the heart of San Jose!
In addition to shopping incredible local food and drink makers and local handcrafted goods makers, attendees will be able to:
Picnic (we'll have food trucks coming through with some super tasty menus)
Enjoy live music all day
Meet farm animals up-close
View antique and vintage automobiles
Partake in urban forest and gardening demonstrations
Buy fresh organic produce
Participate in gardening workshops
Tour the on-site certified organic farm of Jacobs' Farm
AND much more! Lots of kids activities will be available too!
To learn more about Martial Cottle Park, click here: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/parkfinder/pages/martialcottle.aspx.
Is the event dog-friendly? Dogs are allowed at the event so long as they're kept on a six-foot leash. They are not allowed in the Discovery Farm section of the event.
HOW TO GET TO THE EVENT
Address: 5283 Snell Ave, San Jose, CA, 95136
This venue is accessible by bus and is a bicycle-friendly venue, which is why we highly encourage people to take public transit or bicycle to the event. However, there will be $6 parking available within the park as well as street parking available on the surrounding streets, such as Chynoweth Ave and Snell Ave.
APPLY TO EXHIBIT
READ BEFORE APPLYING
We are looking for exhibitors whose goods complement the values, aesthetics and themes of Martial Cottle Park's event (as well as being handmade/handcrafted and locally made). This includes:
- Food/drink makers (RC1 Low Risk $99 TFF fee will be covered by the event)
- Exhibitors who make goods reflecting a strong sense of nature, wildlife, plant life and the environment
- Exhibitors who make goods reflecting a strong sense of Santa Clara Valley's agricultural history and urban food movement
- Exhibitors who make goods reflecting a strong sense of food culture
If you are wondering whether or not your goods fit one of these criteria, send an email to San Jose Made's Kevin Biggers at email@example.com. Please put in the subject line "Spring Celebration - Exhibitor Inquiry Inquiry - [Your Business Name]". Please include your website, your social media links and/or a description of your work so we can better review your inquiry.
Required 10% donation to Santa Clara County Parks
In order to have this event at Martial Cottle Park during their Spring Celebration event, Martial Cottle Park is requesting all exhibitors make a donation equivalent to 10% of their sales generated at the event. Donations may be made by cash or check payable to "Santa Clara County Parks". During setup, someone from SJMADE will walk around with donation envelopes labeled for each exhibitor and during load-out, someone from SJMADE will walk around collecting the donation envelopes.
Booth Types & Costs
- $77 for a 10'x10' food/drink exhibitor booth. Your booth fee INCLUDES the cost of a Risk Category 1 - Low Risk TFF permit (priced at $99) HOWEVER you must still fill out a TFF form and your booth must still adhere to the TFF requirements. For more information about TFFs, click here: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/cpd/programs/TE/Pages/home.aspx. In order to complete your application, you must fill out, sign and send us your TFF form by Apr. 11, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST. The booth fee includes a $2 non-refundable application fee.
- $57 for a 10'x10' NON-food/drink exhibitor booth. The booth fee includes a $2 non-refundable application fee.
YOUR BOOTH & SETUP
Regardless of what type of booth you have, you must bring your own:
- Tent. Using a tent is optional however keep in mind, this is an outdoor event.
- Tent weights. If you use a tent, you must bring weights to hold down the tent. If you don't have specific weights to hold down the tent, gallon jugs of water tied to each tent leg works OK.
Load-in instructions will be sent 5-6 days prior to the event. Load-in will begin at 8 AM. Each exhibitor will be issued one parking permit for the nearby vendor parking lot.
The deadline to apply for food/drink exhibitors is Apr. 11, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
The deadline to apply for NON-food/drink exhibitors is Apr. 22, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
Admissions are rolling so we'll send an application status notification within five business days of receiving your application. All applications will also undergo our normal application jurying process. We jury all applications in order to ensure quality, product diversity and value to our attendees.
If you need to withdraw from the event, your booth fee is fully refundable until 21 full days prior to the event. For all refunds, processing times may apply. No refunds will be issued after that. We completely understand how last-minute occurrences can affect one's ability to participate in an event. However, we are always aiming to have full markets and any vendors dropping out at the last minute negatively affects our ability to find replacement vendors and consequently, negatively affects the quality of the market.
1. Click on the ADD TO CART button here. The application should appear.
2. Fill out the application. Once you're finished, click the button at the bottom.
3. You'll be taken back to this page.
4. You must pay your booth fee(s) in order to successfully submit your application(s). To pay, find the Shopping Cart icon*.
*If you're applying via desktop or laptop, scroll up and click on the Shopping Cart icon in the top-right corner of the screen. If you're applying via mobile or tablet, a Shopping Cart icon should appear at the bottom of your screen.
5. After clicking the Shopping Cart icon, you'll be taken to a Checkout page. Follow the instructions from there until you have successfully submitted your payment. You'll receive a confirmation in your email if the payment has gone through successfully. If your application is accepted, your booth fee will have already been paid so you'll be all set. If your application is not accepted, your booth fee will be fully refunded.