SJMADE at Martial Cottle Park's Harvest Fest
Saturday, Oct. 7
10 AM to 2 PM
Martial Cottle ParK
5283 Snell Ave
San Jose, CA 95136
FREE ADMISSION & FAMILY FRIENDLY
Join us for a wonderful Saturday event at the beautiful, expansive and eminently explorable Martial Cottle Park in the heart of San Jose. In addition to shopping incredible local food and drink makers and local handcrafted goods makers, attendees will be able to picnic, buy and paint pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, buy fresh organic produce, enjoy a pop-up petting zoo, explore the park's Master Gardeners' Fall Garden Market, tour local San Jose farm Jacobs Farm, view up-close farm tractors and farm vehicles, square dance, enjoy live music, play at the cattle corral and more!
We have been blown away by this huge, highly historical, serene and vibrant-space that is Martial Cottle Park. This is such a perfect space to take in San Jose's rich agricultural history and spend the day luxuriating in bright, vibrant and expansive open space.
To learn more about Martial Cottle Park, click here: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/parkfinder/pages/martialcottle.aspx.
Is the event dog-friendly?
Dogs are allowed at the event so long as they're kept on a six-foot leash. They are not allowed in the Discovery Farm section of the event.
How to get to the event
Address: 5282 Snell Ave, San Jose, CA, 95136
This venue is accessible by bus and is a bicycle-friendly venue, which is why we highly encourage people to take public transit or bicycle to the event. However, there will be $6 parking available within the park as well as street parking available on the surrounding streets, such as Chynoweth Ave and Snell Ave.
Apply to Vend
READ BEFORE APPLYING
We are looking for makers whose goods complement the values, aesthetics and themes of Martial Cottle Park's event (as well as being handmade/handcrafted and locally made). This includes:
- Food/drink makers (RC1 Low Risk $99 TFF fee will be covered by the event)
- Makers who make goods reflecting a strong sense of nature, wildlife, plant life and the environment
- Makers who make goods reflecting a strong sense of Santa Clara Valley's agricultural history and urban food movement
- Makers who make goods celebrating Santa Clara Valley and/or its cities and towns
- Makers who make goods reflecting a strong sense of food culture
If you are wondering whether or not your goods fit one of these criteria, send an email to our vendor communication lead Kevin Biggers at email@example.com. Please put in the subject line "SJMADE Booths at Harvest Fest - Vendor Inquiry - [Your Business Name]". Please include your website, your social media links and/or a description of your work so we can better review your inquiry.
In order to have this event at Martial Cottle Park during their Spring Celebration event, Martial Cottle Park is requesting all vendors make a donation equivalent to 10% of their sales generated at the event. Donations may be made by cash or check payable to "Santa Clara County Parks". During setup, someone from SJMADE will walk around with donation envelopes labeled for each vendor.
- $99 for a food/drink maker 10'x10' full booth space. Your booth fee INCLUDES the cost of a Risk Category 1 - Low Risk TFF permit (priced at $99). For more information about TFFs, click here: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/cpd/programs/TE/Pages/home.aspx. In order to complete your application, you must fill out, sign and send us your TFF form by Sept. 11, 2017.
- $55 for a non-food/drink maker 10'x10' full booth space
- $35 for a non-food/drink maker 5'x10' half booth space. If you apply for a half booth, you'll be paired with another maker who has applied for a half booth. You may also specify a preference of whom you'd like to be paired with.
YOUR BOOTH & SETUP
You must bring your own:
- Tent. Using a tent is optional however keep in mind, this is an outdoor event.
- Tent weights. If you use a tent, you must bring weights to hold down the tent. If you don't have specific weights to hold down the tent, gallon jugs of water tied to each tent leg works OK.
Load-in instructions will be sent 5-6 days prior to the event. Load-in will begin at 8 AM. Each maker will be issued one parking permit for the nearby vendor parking lot.
All applications will also undergo our normal application jurying process. We jury all applications in order to ensure quality, product diversity and value to our attendees.
Admissions are rolling.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, Sept. 7.
If you need to withdraw from the event, your booth fee is fully refundable until 21 full days prior to the event. For all refunds, processing times may apply. No refunds will be issued after that. We completely understand how last-minute occurrences can affect one's ability to participate in an event. However, we are always aiming to have full markets and any vendors dropping out at the last minute negatively affects our ability to find replacement vendors and consequently, negatively affects the quality of the market.
1. Click on the ADD TO CART button here. The application should appear.
2. Fill out the application. Once you're finished, click the button at the bottom.
3. You'll be taken back to this page.
4. You must pay your booth fee(s) in order to successfully submit your application(s). To pay, find the Shopping Cart icon*.
*If you're applying via desktop or laptop, scroll up and click on the Shopping Cart icon in the top-right corner of the screen. If you're applying via mobile or tablet, a Shopping Cart icon should appear at the bottom of your screen.
5. After clicking the Shopping Cart icon, you'll be taken to a Checkout page. Follow the instructions from there until you have successfully submitted your payment. You'll receive a confirmation in your email if the payment has gone through successfully. If your application is accepted, your booth fee will have already been paid so you'll be all set. If your application is not accepted, your booth fee will be fully refunded.