San Jose Craft Spring Fair 2017
SATURDAY, MAY 6 from 10 AM to 3 PM
Martial Cottle PArk, 5283 Snell Ave, San Jose, CA 95136
A collaboration with Martial Cottle Park's A Taste of the Valley of the Heart's Delight Spring Celebration
Join us for a wonderful Saturday event at the beautiful, expansive and eminently explorable Martial Cottle Park in the heart of San Jose. We found this to be the perfect venue to host our San Jose Craft Spring Fair and we found it made so much sense to host the Spring Fair during Martial Cottle Park's A Taste of the Valley of the Heart's Delight Spring Celebration--an event already expecting anywhere from 4,000 to 7,000 attendees.
In addition to shopping incredible local craft and food makers, attendees will be able to picnic, explore the event's food truck offerings, listen to live music, meet farm animals up-close, view antique and vintage automobiles, partake in urban forest and gardening demonstrations, buy fresh organic produce, participate in gardening workshops, tour the on-site certified organic farm of Jacobs' Farm and much more. Lots of kids activities will be available too!
Until earlier this year, we had never set foot in Martial Cottle Park but had always driven or biked past it and wondered about it. When we finally took a tour of the park, we were blown away by this huge, highly historical, serene and vibrant-space. This is such a perfect space to take in San Jose's rich agricultural history and spend the day luxuriating in bright, vibrant and expansive open space.
To learn more about Martial Cottle Park, click here: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/parkfinder/pages/martialcottle.aspx.
Is the event dog-friendly?
Dogs are allowed at the event so long as they're kept on a six-foot leash. They are not allowed in the Discovery Farm section of the event.
In Booth Number Order
#1. Vitamina Juices & Blends
#3. Makana Succulents
#4. Oso Pepper Co.
#5. Le Punkie's Kettle Corn
#7. Fractal Flora
#8. Coyote Brush Studios
#9. Andrea Vickery
#10. Sircar Grooming Co.
#11. The Vidhra
#12. Picture Me Smiling
#13. Just One More Project
#14. An Li Studio
#15. Funkhouser Design
#17. WOO Garden
#18. 2nd Story Bakeshop
#19. Linda's Skin Care & More
#20. Franci Cakes
#21. Blue Nectar Soap
#22. Nousa's Cakes and Sweets
#23. Sister Roots
In Alphabetical Order
2nd Story Bakeshop (Booth # 18)
An Li Studio (Booth #14)
Andrea Vickery (Booth #9)
BlackSheepMade (Booth #6)
Blue Nectar Soaps (Booth #21)
Coyote Brush Studios (Booth #8)
Fractal Flora (Booth #7)
Franci Cakes (Booth #20)
Funkhouser Design (Booth #15)
Just One More Project (Booth #13)
Le Punkie's Kettle Corn (Booth #5)
Linda's Skin Care and More (Booth #19)
Makana Succulents (Booth #3)
Nousa's Cakes and Sweets (Booth #22)
Oso Pepper Co. (Booth #4)
Picture Me Smiling (Booth #12)
Racarons (Booth #16)
Sircar Grooming Co. (Booth #10)
Sister Roots (Booth #23)
TeaLyfe (Booth #2)
Vitamina Juices & Blends (Booth #1)
WOO Garden (Booth #17)
Apply to Vend
VENDOR APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT.
FINAL FOOD/DRINK VENDOR APPLICATION DEADLINE is Apr. 12, 2017 at 11:59 PM PST.
FINAL NON-FOOD/DRINK VENDOR APPLICATION DEADLINE is Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:59 PM PST.
FOOD/DRINK VENDOR AND EARLY BIRD NON-FOOD/DRINK VENDOR APPLICATION NOTIFICATION EMAILS will begin being sent on Apr. 15, 2017.
We are looking for makers whose goods complement the values, aesthetics and themes of Martial Cottle Park's event (as well as being handmade/handcrafted and locally made). This includes:
- Food makers (RC1 Low Risk $99 TFF fee will be covered by the event. TFF forms will be sent upon receiving your application (you can also download the form here). TFF forms are due by Apr. 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM PST.)
- Makers who make goods reflecting a strong sense of nature, wildlife, plant life and the environment
- Makers who make goods reflecting a strong sense of Santa Clara Valley's agricultural history and urban food movement
- Makers who make goods celebrating Santa Clara Valley and/or its cities and towns
- Makers who make goods reflecting a strong sense of food culture
If you are wondering whether or not your goods fit one of these criteria, send an email to our vendor communication lead Kevin Biggers at email@example.com. Please put in the subject line "San Jose Craft Spring Fair - Vendor Inquiry - [Your Business Name]". Please include your website, your social media links and/or a description of your work so we can better review your inquiry. PLEASE NOTE: All applications will undergo our normal application jurying process. We jury all applications in order to ensure quality, product diversity and value to our attendees.
1. Click on the ADD TO CART button here. The application should appear.
2. Fill out the application. Once you're finished, click the button at the bottom.
3. You'll be taken back to this page.
4. You must pay your booth fee(s) in order to successfully submit your application(s). To pay, find the Shopping Cart icon*.
*If you're applying via desktop or laptop, scroll up and click on the Shopping Cart icon in the top-right corner of the screen. If you're applying via mobile or tablet, a Shopping Cart icon should appear at the bottom of your screen.
5. After clicking the Shopping Cart icon, you'll be taken to a Checkout page. Follow the instructions from there until you have successfully submitted your payment. You'll receive a confirmation in your email if the payment has gone through successfully. If your application is accepted, your booth fee will have already been paid so you'll be all set. If your application is not accepted, your booth fee will be refunded.
We are offering a $25 discount on your booth fee if you run a workshop at your booth for the entirety of the event. In order to be eligible for this discount, you must offer an interactive and/or educational engagement with the workshop's participants and there must be a participant takeaway. Running a workshop does not preclude you from also selling products at your booth. You can do both. The $25 discounts will be processed following the event.
NO HALF BOOTHS OR SHARED BOOTHS
While we normally offer half booth options for our events, for the San Jose Craft Spring Fair, we will not be offering a half booth option and we will not be permitting any shared 10'x10' booths.
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
In order to have this event at Martial Cottle Park during their Spring Celebration event, Martial Cottle Park is requesting all vendors make a donation equivalent to 10% of their sales generated at the event. Donations may be made by cash or check payable to "Santa Clara County Parks". During setup, someone from SJMADE will walk around with donation envelopes labeled for each vendor.
Once accepted, vendors will receive a full vendor info packet containing all relevant details to help them prepare for the event, however, here is some info to help better understand the setup:
- Vendors will need to bring their own 10x10 tents, table(s), chair(s) and tent weights. Because this is an outdoor event, tent weights (one for each leg of the tent) are required.
- Each vendor will receive a single vendor parking permit.
- Load-in will take place between 8:30 AM and 10 AM.
- Load-out will take place between 3 PM and 4 PM.
For vendors whose applications are accepted but need to withdraw from the event: no refunds will be issued beyond Apr. 22 at 11:59 PM PST. If you need to withdraw from the event, please notify us via email before then. No refunds will be issued due to poor weather conditions.
How to get to the event
Address: 5282 Snell Ave, San Jose, CA, 95136
This venue is accessible by bus and is a bicycle-friendly venue, which is why we highly encourage people to take public transit or bicycle to the event. However, there will be $6 parking available within the park as well as street parking available on the surrounding streets, such as Chynoweth Ave and Snell Ave.