SJMADE Pop-Up Shops in Japantown
Part of the exciting new Classic Loot Shop
208 Jackson St. San Jose, CA, 95112
What is the Classic Loot Shop in Japantown?
Classic Loot travels all around to find unique fashion pieces and goods whether they are vintage, new or handmade. Classic Loot sells these items through her online store, her various past pop-up shops and her super popular Classic Loot Truck. Starting on May 20, 2017, Classic Loot will now add her new amazing storefront in Japantown to the list of places where she sells her stuff!
How is the SJMADE Pop-Up Shop part of the Classic Loot Shop in Japantown?
A portion of the Classic Loot Shop will be devoted to short-term pop-ups where makers, artists and creatives can utilize SJMADE's pop-up fixtures specifically designed for this space to display and sell their products. SJMADE will manage and operate the placing of makers, artists and creatives into this space.
Why are we so excited(!!!) about this?
1. We love Classic Loot and have worked with Classic Loot extensively in the past, so we are equal parts thrilled and proud to see Classic Loot with her very own storefront.
2. For over a year now, we've had our office and maker studios in Japantown so we've gotten to know this beautiful community quite well and in doing so, we've long dreamed of the possibility of operating pop-up shops here. We love how abundant the foot traffic is and how fiercely passionate and proud people are about Japantown.
3. The Classic Loot Shop and the SJMADE Pop-Up occupy this amazing corner storefront location right at a super high-visibility intersection of Japantown, which gives it every chance to be seen and to succeed!
4. We get to share a building with amazing artist-run art workshop, art supplies store and art gallery The Arsenal (http://www.thearsenalsj.com)!
Hours of Operation
Both for the Classic Loot Store and SJMADE Pop-Up.
GRAND OPENING - MAY 20: 4 PM TO 9 PM
MONDAY - Closed
TUESDAY - 12 PM to 8 PM
WEDNESDAY - 12 PM to 8 PM
THURSDAY - 12 PM to 8 PM
FRIDAY - 12 PM to 9 PM
SATURDAY - 11 AM to 8 PM
SUNDAY - 11 AM to 6 PM
Every application will be juried. In other words, applying does not guarantee placement. When we review the applications, we'll be reviewing your products and your business to make sure you are a fit in general and a specific fit within the Classic Loot Shop space as we'll be careful not to program makers whose products and/or branding conflict with Classic Loot's products and branding. After submitting your application, we will take anywhere from 3-5 days to review your application. Once we're finished, we'll email you with our decision. If your application has been accepted, we will provide a payment link as well as instructions to prepare you for the pop-up.
For our inaugural summer season of pop-ups, we are offering each week-long duration at a discounted rate of $120 per week. We understand that this is a new and unique opportunity and we hope this rate encourages you to try it out and see what all our hype is about.
If you are a food/drink maker...
We will be allowing food/drink makers to pop up. However, keep in mind that food/drink makers will incur additional fees in addition to the pop-up rent. These fees will cover any permit fees needed in order to have Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health approve your pop-up's operation. If you have any questions about this, please include them in the "comments section" of your application to the pop-up.
Unless discussed or stated otherwise, display fixtures will be provided to you. You will be able to view the display fixtures during your walkthrough of the space (as of writing this, we're in the process of building them and will have photos posted to the website within the next few weeks). Unless discussed or stated otherwise, you may not bring additional furniture into the space (e.g. table, chairs, shelves). You will be able to take transactions at the Point-of-Sale counter already in the space.
Do people popping up in the pop-up space have to operate their shop during all the operating hours?
Not necessarily. We always encourage people popping up to operate their pop-up as much as possible, however we understand if this is not realistic, especially for people with families and/or jobs. If you are not able to operate the pop-up for the full week, you have the following options:
(1) You can pay someone to operate your pop-up.
(2) You can agree to have Classic Loot take your sales while you are not present. In exchange, Classic Loot will take 50% of sales that they make of your products when you are not present. This 50% rate is the same as her 50% consignment rate.
In order to pop-up in our space, you will need general liability insurance to cover the duration that you'll be popped up.
If, after having been accepted and having paid, you need to withdraw from your pop-up, we will offer a full refund if you notify us by email (send to firstname.lastname@example.org) 21 days prior to the start of your pop-up. If you notify us any later, we will not be able to issue a refund.