Downtown Fremont Oktoberfest
BROUGHT TO YOU BY FUTURE FREMONT
The new heart of downtown fremont
Saturday, OCT. 14, 2 PM to 8 PM
3300 Capitol Ave, Fremont, California 94538
FREE ADMISSION & FAMILY-FRIENDLY
Interested in pre-purchasing a beer tasting package or a special Downtown Fremont Oktoberfest meal (which must be pre-ordered in order to have it at the event), click here: https://squareup.com/store/mvblfeast/
What is San Jose Made doing in Fremont?
Now, you're probably wondering why San Jose Made is doing an event in Fremont. To explain as succinctly as possible, San Jose Made recently merged with another great San Jose company called Moveable Feast. While both companies will be operating in the same fashion as before, periodically we'll come together to work on large-scale placemaking projects under a new company called Public Space Authority (PSA), which will occasionally take us outside of San Jose for some work.
PSA's first official project will be the forthcoming FUTURE FREMONT project, for which we'll be building a brand new maker space. There'll be more official announcements about both the merger and the FUTURE FREMONT project, but for now, we hope this clarifies what we're doing in Fremont.
Follow FUTURE FREMONT on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/futurefremont
Eat, drink, shop and be happy at Downtown Fremont Oktoberfest on Saturday, Oct. 14 from 2 PM to 8 PM. We'll be creating a fun, exciting open space in the streets of downtown Fremont for the day featuring a pop-up beer garden, live music, a food truck park, maker shopping booths, family-fun games and more.
Most importantly, as we'll be doing at the Future Fremont Block Party on Labor Day weekend, we'll be bringing together the Fremont community and interacting with everyone in a variety of ways to hear out and determine how best to design and program the forthcoming FUTURE FREMONT community project, which will launch in April 2018 in the lot of land adjacent to where Downtown Fremont Oktoberfest and Future Fremont Block Party will be taking place.
Modern Shibori (website)
Harumo Bakery (website)
Wood Burn Corner (website)
Candle Du Jour (website)
Box Beetle (website)
MADE (Mayene Design) (website)
Uncut Standards (website)
PMBQ Studios (website)
Kathryn Marie (website)
Le Punkie (website)
Earth Neighborhood / Dragonfly Market (website)
Starmek Creations (website)
Orange Knot (website)
Mommy Mochi (website)
Nousa's Cakes & Sweets (website)
Le Punkie's Kettle Corn (website)
Apply to Vend
The deadline to apply is Sunday, Oct. 30 at 11:59 PM PST.
Unless you are a food/drink maker (see below), there is no booth fee for this event. Instead, we ask each vendor for 10% of gross revenues (minus sales tax) for the event.
PRE-PACKAGED FOOD/DRINK MAKERS...
If you are a pre-packaged food/drink maker, there is no booth fee for this event however:
- You must fill out, sign and send to us a Temporary Event Food Booth Operator permit for Alameda County. The permit is here though we'll send you one if your admission notification email: https://www.acgov.org/aceh/food/TFF_Application_Booth.pdf
- You must pay a $143 fee to obtain a Temporary Event Food Booth Operator permit in order to sell prepackaged food/drink items.
- Non-prepackaged food/drink vendors must contact Moveable Feast in order to learn more about participating in this event: https://www.mvblfeast.com.
- Additionally, we ask each vendor for 10% of gross revenues (minus sales tax) for the event.
If you are a prepackaged food/drink maker and your application is accepted, we will send you:
- A payment link through which you can send us your $143 Temporary Event Food Booth Operator permit fee
- A form to apply for Temporary Event Food Booth Operator permit form
- We must receive your payment and completed form by Saturday, Sept. 30 in order to finalize your placement at the event. If we do not receive your payment and completed form by this date, you will be unable to participate in the event.
YOUR BOOTH & SETUP
If accepted, you will have a 10'x10' booth space.
You must bring your own:
- Tent. Using a tent is optional however keep in mind, this is an outdoor event happening during the day when the sun will likely be out and at its strongest.
- Tent weights. If you use a tent, you must bring weights to hold down the tent. If you don't have specific weights to hold down the tent, gallon jugs of water tied to each tent leg works OK.
Load-in will begin at 11 AM. Load-in instructions will be sent at least one week prior to the event.
All applications will undergo our normal application jurying process. We jury all applications in order to ensure quality, product diversity and value to our attendees.