SJMADE AT MARTIAL COTTLE PARK HARVEST EVENT 2018
Apply to Vend
SATURDAY, OCT. 6,10 AM to 3 PM
Martial Cottle Park
5283 Snell Ave, San Jose, CA 95136
FREE ADMISSION. ALL AGES. DOG-FRIENDLY.
Join us for the Martial Cottle Park Harvest Event on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018 at the wonderful, beautiful and eminently explorable Martial Cottle Park in the heart of San Jose.
In addition to shopping incredible local food and drink makers and local makers of handcrafted goods, attendees will be able to picnic, buy and paint pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, play pumpkin carnival games, buy fresh organic produce, participate in DIY craft workshops, enjoy a pop-up petting zoo, go on wagon rides, do a scavenger hunt, explore the park's Master Gardeners' Fall Garden Market, tour local San Jose farm Jacobs Farm, view up-close farm tractors and farm vehicles, enjoy live music, play at the cattle corral and so much, more!
A List of Activities and Programming for Martial Cottle Park's Harvest Event 2018:
- Historic Trucks & Tractors on display
- Pumpkin Patch & Pumpkin Decorating
- Pumpkin Carnival Games
- Tin Punch Craft
- Leather Coaster Craft
- Historic Scavenger Hunt: Where’s Walter
- Cottle Cattle Corral: Roping & Branding Steers, Milking Cows, Haybale Pulley
- Photo Booth
- Park Tour
- Park Store
- Visitor Center Open
- Meet Farm Animals Up Close: Andalusian Mare, Petting Zoo, 4-H Heifer, Goats and Chickens
- Jacobs Farm Organic Farm Stand
- Jacobs Farm Pumpkin Patch
- Jacobs Farm Wagon Rides
- Jacobs Farm Tours
- Master Gardeners’ Fall Garden Market & Workshops
- Composting Demonstration
- Urban Arboretum Tours
- Wool Spinners
- Small Engine Club
- Face Painting
- Food Trucks
- Live Music
- Solar Viewing with SJ Astronomy Club
- Square Dancing
Stay tuned for more additions as we get closer to the event!
Info for Vendors
READ BEFORE APPLYING
We are looking for makers whose goods complement the values, aesthetics and themes of Martial Cottle Park's event. This includes:
- Food + Drink Makers (think small-batch, independent producers and makers of that ilk)
- Makers who make goods reflecting a strong sense of nature, wildlife, plant life and the environment
- Makers who make goods reflecting a strong sense of Santa Clara Valley's agricultural history and urban food movement
- Makers who make goods celebrating Santa Clara Valley and/or its cities and towns
- Makers who make goods reflecting a strong sense of food culture
If you are unsure whether or not your work qualifies for this event, we recommend applying anyway! This is the one event where we do not apply an application fee to the booth fee. Meaning, if you apply and we do not accept your application, you will receive a full refund. Any questions though, please direct to email@example.com.
WHAT ELSE DO WE CONSIDER WHEN REVIEWING AND JURYING AN APPLICATION?
- If you've vended at a previous San Jose Made event or pop-up, we'll take into consideration our experience(s) in browsing and shopping your work and your booth.
- We review your website and/or online shop to get a better understanding of the quality of your work and your story.
- We review your business' Instagram (if available) and your business' Facebook Page (if available) to get a better understanding of your most recent activity as it relates to your work and your story.
- We are open to accepting makers from outside of San Jose and the South Bay!
- We also take into account the number of maker applicants who make similar products to you when arriving at our final decisions. For the sake of our vendors and the sake of our shoppers, it's important to provide a variety within certain product types without creating an overwhelming and overly competitive experience. For instance, if we accepted 30 vendors who all sold soap, we imagine it'd be difficult for most if not all of those vendors to succeed despite the fact that they all make tremendous, high-quality soaps.
REQUIRED VENDOR DONATION: 10% OF SALES
In order to have this event at Martial Cottle Park during their Harvest Event, Martial Cottle Park is requesting all vendors make a donation equivalent to 10% of their sales generated at the event. Donations may be made by cash or check payable to "Santa Clara County Parks". During setup, someone from SJMADE will walk around with donation envelopes labeled for each vendor.
OVERVIEW OF BOOTH OPTIONS
FULL BOOTH SPACES ($55) for Food Makers + Drink Makers
You have your own 10'x10' booth space. Your Low-Risk RC1 Temporary Food Facility Permit Fee ($99) is included in the booth price HOWEVER you still must submit a completed Temporary Food Facility Permit Form by Sept. 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST. You are responsible for bringing your own table(s), chair(s), canopy and canopy weights. If you use a canopy, you are required to bring canopy weights (e.g. lifting weights, sandbags, jugs of water with string tied to the canopy).
FULL BOOTH SPACES ($55) for Makers + Designers + Artists + Emerging Brands
You have your own 10'x10' booth space. You are responsible for bringing your own table(s), chair(s), canopy and canopy weights. If you use a canopy, you are required to bring canopy weights (e.g. lifting weights, sandbags, jugs of water with string tied to the canopy).
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
AUG. 20 TO SEPT. 16 - OPEN APPLICATIONS - ROLLING ADMISSION
During this period of time, we'll be receiving and reviewing applications. Upon receiving an application, it'll take us anywhere from three to five days to review the applicant. After completing the applicant review, we will send an admission notification email to the applicant (i.e. accepted, rejected or waitlisted).
If you have applied and have not heard back from us after five days, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can address the issue as quickly as possible.
Sept. 14 - ACCEPTED FOOD/DRINK MAKERS MUST SUBMIT COMPLETED TFF FORMS
If you are a food or drink maker and we have accepted your application to vend, you must submit your completed Temporary Food Facility Permit Form by Sept. 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST. If you have any questions about the TFF Form, send your inquiry to email@example.com. If you do not submit your TFF Form by the stated deadline, we will have to rescind your acceptance to the event and you will not be able to participate.
SEPT. 24 - VENDOR LAYOUT & INFORMATION PACKETS EMAILED TO ACCEPTED VENDORS
On Sept. 24, we will send out a full vendor information packet containing vital information for vending at the event, including but not limited to load-in instructions, setup instructions, load-out instructions, vendor parking information and any other information relevant to vending at the event.
If you need to withdraw from the event, your booth fee is fully refundable (minus the $10 non-refundable jurying fee) until Sept. 17, 2018 at 11:59 PM. For all refunds, processing times may apply. No refunds will be issued after Sept. 17, 2018 at 11:59 PM. When you withdraw from the event, you are forfeiting your booth space. You may not transfer your booth space to anyone else.
We completely understand how last-minute occurrences can affect one's ability to participate in an event. However, we are always aiming to have full events and any vendors dropping out at the last minute negatively affects the quality of our event as well as our ability to find replacement vendors.
1. Click on the ADD TO CART button. The application should appear.
2. Fill out the application. Once you're finished, click the "Add to Cart" button at the bottom of the application.
3. You'll be taken back to this page.
4. You must pay your booth fee(s) in order to successfully submit your application(s). To pay, find the Shopping Cart icon*.
*If you're applying via desktop or laptop, scroll up and click on the Shopping Cart icon in the top-right corner of the screen. If you're applying via mobile or tablet, a Shopping Cart icon should appear at the bottom of your screen.
5. After clicking the Shopping Cart icon, you'll be taken to a Checkout page. Follow the instructions from there until you have successfully submitted your payment. You'll receive a confirmation in your email if the payment has gone through successfully. If your application is accepted, your booth fee will have already been paid so you'll be all set. If your application is not accepted, your booth fee will be refunded.
Please select the desired booth option from the drop-down menu below. For this event, we offer:
$55 Full Booth for Non-Food/Drink Makers
$55 Full Booth Option for Food and Drink Makers
Click ADD TO CART below to begin the application process. You must fill out the application AND submit your booth fee payment in order for your application to be considered by SJMADE. See the instructions above if you are having issues completing the application process.